Cult

Marcus

I'd never been so fast in my entire life. Blood was rushing through my head, making me hear a slight annoying pound in my head. I was tired as well. I dozed off every once in a while and woke up confused. I then looked down and saw how much blood was on me. It took me at least ten seconds to realize it wasn't mine.

It was Mark's.

I carried Mark into a small building which had no inhabitants. It was less than five stories tall which was unusual due to the area we lived in. It was obvious that it was abandoned, even before the war. You could tell from the broken windows we went through, and the crumbling floor.

Mark laid on his back next to me, unconscious. The blood on his wound had finally clotted and stopped bleeding. But I knew that once he would wake up he'd be starving due to the amount of blood he lost as I dragged him along trying to lose the soldiers. He was starving for food I couldn't provide.

Unless maybe he had some. I know he was confiscated of his items, but he got them back.

I crawled over to him on my knees, too tired to use my legs. I searched through his pockets. I checked the back, and the front pockets. It was only when I came to the pockets of his jacket. I touched something metal and something else paper. I pulled both items out.

I looked at the metal first. It was a shining gold ring with a diamond. It was beautiful. On the inside it read in etched marks 'for the one that matters most.' below the writing was someone's name scratched in. It read Jeanne.

"Where the hell did you get this?"

I then looked at the folded piece of paper. I unfolded it. It was a map. And on the made there was a little red X covering a field. It was a closed off area, mainly used for paint balling.

I smiled, realizing this may be where Mark lives.

Owl

2 hours ago

I stared through the fogged up lenses of a gas mask, watching over the city. I was in my stash room, where I had let that group that was being chased days ago stay. I always sat up here, watching the sun rise. I don't know why, but I feel like I have to stick to my new name. The roof of the room was gone, exposing me to the cold air.

I then looked out onto the streets. There was a kid, a very young kid, running down the streets with another guy on his shoulder, running away from soldiers.

Its getting more and more dangerous every day. I need to stop them, but how? I took out my list of things I need to do, make or sell. I thought for a moment. I smiled as the idea popped in my head.

I scribbled onto the paper the word helicopter.

I smiled as the idea of slightly crippling there forces came into mind.

Marcus

10 hours later

It took a long time for me to get here, but I finally arrived. My first impression of the place was bad, as the fence around the area was run down by a car, a car that was laying on it's side in the middle of the field.

I walked over to the fence the was run down by the car. I stepped onto the metal and walked over it.

I'm really doing this.

I walked over to the bunker of the paintball field. I've been here a few times before, I know it like the back of my hand.

Bang!

I froze in my tracks, terrified. By my foot, the dirt shot up as it had been hit with a bullet.

"That was a warning shot! The next bullet won't be unless you turn around," the voice of a girl yelled.

"There's no need for this!" I yelled back.

"You're someone we don't know you. And we lost two people to a psychopath. There is a need for this."

"Does that psychopath happen to be named Simon?"

"How do you..."

"And does one of your people just so happen to be named Mark?"

"Yes."

"Guess who the man I'm carrying is."

Mark

4 hours later

My eyes snapped open. My brain felt like it was starting to melt due to the temperature my head is at. I raised my hand up to my face, only to see my thumb missing. I was freaked out, but then everything was starting to come back.

I got up, every move being made attacks my body as I get up. My feet feel weak and I could hardly stand. I walked towards the door. I put my ear against it. I could hardly hear anything. I pushed the door open.

Everybody sat around a table that was under the hole to the bunker. They all looked at me.

"You missed me or what?" I said. My voice croaked from the lack of water.

"Of course we did," Bruno said. "We need a leader."

"Well, you got one."

"So," Paul said, "What is our next move?"

"I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm done with this cannibalistic cock sucking cult that has been wounding and killing us ever since he showed up."

"What are you saying?" Bruno asked me.

"I'm going to kill Simon."