This Means War

Mark

I stood above the bunker we had found two days ago, anxious to get this over with. I am going to kill Simon. I am going to do whatever it takes to make him suffer.

Dawn was coming and it was coming faster than I expected. I saw the little light go above the hill I was looking at. The sun blinded me for a moment. But I didn't care.

I walked down back into the bunker and screamed "Everybody up!"

Everybody who was supposed to go came out. Then Caleb walked out.

"Caleb, you're to hurt," I said to him.

"I'm fine. The bullet wound doesn't hurt anymore and my arm feels fine."

"But..."

"I'm going!" he said.

"Fine have it your way."

I was just about ready to leave when Bruno stopped me.

"We only have one weapon," Bruno said.

"Shit, I didn't even think about that."

Just then, Jake went into the storage room he stayed in and grabbed the duffel bag he wouldn't tell us what was in.

"Can you stop with the freaking duffel bag dude," Caleb said.

"You know. I have always been told go big or go home."

"Yeah, so what?" I asked.

"I'm tired of home." He then zipped open the duffel bag and several gun spread across the floor. AKs, Shotguns, and the occasional pistol.

"Where did you get this?" Bruno asked.

"Where did I get Wong's head?"

"From Wong," Bruno said.

"Exactly," Jake said. He then threw Bruno an AK-47. Bruno checked the magazine to see it was full.

He passed out the weapons. We were all armed. Caleb had been given two pistols to go duel wield. I had been given a shotgun and I gave my rifle to Paul so he could guard the place. Bruno and Alyssa both had AK-47s.

"Dude grab a weapon," Bruno said.

"I'm sticking with the old SMG," Jake then grabbed all the ammo he could find.

"Lets go then," I said.

The city. People were everywhere. There were soldiers here and there, but everybody else were citizens, normal people.

"Hey," someone said.

I looked around, and I saw this kid, around 18 or 19, leaning on a wall next to an alley way.

"Over here," he said.

I walked over to him. I wanted to see what he had to say. This kid had a gas mask on that didn't reveal any part of his face, not even his eyes. His head was covered with the hood of a black sweat shirt. He was fairly skinny and was at an average height.

"Haven't seen you here. You a citizen?" he asked.

"Before the war. But not now I guess."

"Ah. It's honestly been a long time since I saw someone who lived here before the shooting."

"That few people escaped?"

"Well you're the third I've seen so far. Second was this old lady that died from cardiac arrest. The first was when I looked into a mirror."

"Actually, all of us accept Alyssa had lived here."

"So 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. Trying to make it to ten before I croak."