Reunited

"Damon, I don't think you're ready for this..." Stefan battles thoughts in my head, but I don't listen. After so many years, she's finally waking up, and I shouldn't see her just because I have to tell her what happened? Deep inside, I always knew this would happen, and she would wake up, still glamorously beautiful, with thousands of questions for answers I don't know how to blurt.

"Stefan, I think it's time you put your smartness aside, and let the king, do his thing." I answer simply, and take another step towards the coffin. The cheeky smile immediately drops from my face as soon as I touch it and I am reminded of the last time I did, when we put her in there. Last time I touched it, I was able to contact her, talk to her. But now she lays here, ready to wake, like a beautiful, morning flower that hasn't aged a day. But we have... emotionally at least. Matured to the max.

"Are you sure you want to be the one to give her all the bad information that will make her regret the moment she woke up?" Stefan asks, and I leave my back to his sight, but even though I'm not looking at him, I know his eyes are blazing at me, with crossed arms over his chest.

"Brother... I've given Elena so many bad news, and this is not going to be the last one... I'm just glad she is finally going to be in my arms." I stare at the coffin with unblinking eyes and go back to that shared dream we had when she said, "Don't sit around waiting for me... live your life..." Just pieces and parts of it at least. But me, selfish, Damon Salvatore just couldn't move on. 

"Okay, then do it." He simply says, and I wonder if realizes how big of a thing this is for me. We have all been through so much, that nothing is a surprise anymore. We can expect anything at anytime. But I was never ready to see Elena again. For her to know what happened while she was here, peacefully sleeping like a lullaby bird singing in her deep sleep.

I take a deep breath, and hold it while I slowly open the box of hope. 

****************************************************************************

And the nightmare suddenly disappears into ashes. And all I can see, is white. White light. Sun that hasn't met my eyes for far too long. Light that hasn't been my friend for over some time. But no, this is just another nightmare. This suffering... it's never going to end. My best friend is living her healthy, loving life and I'm here suffering...

"Elena?" I hear his voice. A voice that's been haunting me since the day I fell asleep forever in this darkness.

"No! This is not real, stop torturing me, I know you're not real. Go away!"

I shout, and deny to open my eyes again. I close them shut but I suddenly feel something. Something that never happened in one of these dreams.

A touch. I feel his touch lingering along my waist as he pulls me up and holds me bride style. I still hesitate to open my eyes. It has happened so many times, that I have learned to deny myself that this is real.

"Elena, it's me..." His voice. It's clearer. Not an echo anymore.

"I'm here, you're safe... This is real... As real is it can be." 

No... it can't be. If - If I'm awake, then... that means -

"Bonnie!" I shout and my eyes abruptly open. I fall of his grip but he quickly steadies me and holds me by the waist. I spot Stefan on the side but he is a blur, probably because of how much time I've had them closed.

"S- Stefan?" I ask, and he smiles.

"You're okay. We're here, come on let's get you home." Stefan says, but I see a linger of sadness through his eyes. 

The thought that I'm awake is haunting me. Is this real? A nightmare like this has never lasted this long. And his touch, his strong grip, it cannot be any more real.

I slowly look up at my holder, and I meet with his dazzling blue eyes. As I finally get my thoughts straight and my eyesight clear, I jump in to his arms and squirm,

"Oh my god! You're here, Damon!" He chuckles and tightly hugs me, never letting me go. Like we never, ever got separated. 

**************************************888888888

SOOO. I finally updated :)

Hope you guys liked the continuation... If you really did, COMMENT for me to update, because I don't know where this is going and if you guys want me to update I won't give up on it.

TYSM for the support 'till now. 

PS: you guys should check out my FINISHED novel called "Summer Stranger."