Light, Life in my eyes

I cough as to remove the horrible taste of dust, ash, dirt, death. My arms slowly start to function, creating small pain of electricity, so they can be able to move normally. My toes curl, and my lungs are finally able to absorb fresh air that I have yet to breathe for over 60+ years.

I have no idea how much time has passed. That's the problem, the scariest part. This comma wasn't like any of the normal ones, this one has put me in this deep sleep, with my mind repeating different, millions and billions of dreams with the people I love, paining me even more. I have been dreaming, literally, of this day for so long, but now that it has come... I can't seem to be able to open my eyes because of the fear of how many things must've changed.

I told myself not to cry. The fact that I'm seeming to finally wake up, means that my best friend has... died.

A whimper lets itself out from my dry, sore throat, and I can hear low whispering, and humming of words. I can't quite make up what they're saying, but I know that its them.

A sudden urge of excitement to see all my friends again, burns inside of me and my eye lids finally flicker, and then open abruptly.

Light rushes through my eyes, burning them in the state they are in. They must be red and tired even though I have been sleeping. But it was restless sleep. The light slowly draws images in front of me and life finally enters inside me.

I cough urgently, again, to remove the disgusting, atrocious taste of dirt and finally lift myself up from the coffin I was left in 60 years ago.

My hands and fingers grab the white fabric I have been sleeping on for so long, to steady myself from my weak state.

"Elena." I hear a low, recognizable voice and my eyes flicker to the handsome man that has been in almost all my dreams. The man that I have loved for so long, yet haven't seen him for endless years.

He looks even more handsome than the last time I remember him, and I let out a sigh of relief. The fact that he listened to me, and seems to be in a normal state and hasn't tried to torture himself relaxes me, and I'm finally able to whisper a soft tone of my raspy voice,

"Damon." I breathe. Our eyes stay there for a while, connecting from the amazing electricity that connects our two hearts.

He gives me that magical half-smile of his that I've missed so much and his hand extends out for me to grab it. As soon as I feel his touch, I feel a cold shiver and I flinch, taking my hand away from his.

He smiles even more, and his handsome face slowly starts fading away like needed dust of magic.

"No!" I shout in the top of my lungs, but its not audible. I grab my throat, trying to take any volume out, but nothing.

Tears are now soaking my eyes, staining my beautiful white dress I was left in.

"I can't take this anymore! I can't take any more of these nightmares!" My inner self shouts and everything is black again. Pitch black, plain. Dead.

*********************************

I know very short chapter, but I wanted to start this book out with one of her nightmares. Unfortunately Elena is suffering in this comma and she has no idea when she is actually waking up.

This novel is for #JustWriteIt2015 for my favorite fandom, Delena :) Hope you guys like it.