23. Awestruck Answer

Start from the beginning

It was Christmas Eve and I hadn't seen Will yet. I needed time to think and clear my head. Everything was so confusing. I didn't know what to do anymore or who to trust. I couldn't even trust myself. I always put myself in horribly difficult situations where I don't know how to get out.

But I needed to face Will eventually that's how I found myself waiting in his apartment. He was working but I knew he was getting off soon. There was so much to tell him, that I should tell him.  I wasn't sure if I had the courage to.

An hour after I got there I heard the door open. I was sitting on end of the couch, facing the door, when he walked in. He was completely taken aback.

"Laura," he half smiled. I could tell he had been beating himself up since we last talked.

He regretted it. His somber eyes were proof enough.

"Hi Will."

He put his keys down and slowly came towards me. Maybe he thought he'd scare me off or I'd runaway.

"Laura I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it."

"I know Will."

He stopped a few inches in front of me. "I was so stupid. I shouldn't have talked to you like that."

I pulled him into a hug. "It's ok."

I felt his hand rub my back in comfort. "I was such an idiot."

I smirked. "Yeah you are."

He chuckled and nestled his nose in my hair. "I missed you."

"I can be pretty entertaining, huh?" I joked.

He kissed my temple. "And so much more."

I hesitated on bringing up the subject. "I'm sorry too. Chris is a very complicated part of my life."

"Let’s not talk about him."

It wasn't like Will to drop a subject especially one this important.  But we did drop it after that. The best thing about Will was nothing was ever complicated. It was easy with him

We had dinner together then somehow he convinced me to spend the night. He said it had to do with my Christmas gift. I wasn't much of a celebrator but I couldn't say no to a present.

When I woke up Will was looking at me.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?"

"A while," he smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "Merry Christmas."

He went in for a kiss. "Merry Christmas."

I traced the dark circle under his eye. "How did you sleep?"

"Better."

My phone started to ring repeatedly. It was my dad. I strongly agreed not to pick it up. Dad liked to ask a lot of questions. And I don't think he'd be very pleased to find out I had spent the night with my boyfriend.

"I should get going soon."

Will looked disappointed. "Was it your family?"

I nodded. Will had only met my family a couple of times. And surprisingly they liked Will a lot. Even my dad had this strange respect for him but my theory was that it was because Will was a doctor. Who couldn't like or respect a man who saved lives for a living?

Will understood why I couldn't tell them about me spending the night. My parents were really religious people. I was too but I wasn't as strict about it.

"You wouldn't have to leave if you'd just move in with me."

I laughed at his ridiculous comment. "And live a sinful life. Oh yeah my father would love that."