Chapter 32

" Hunter! Did Weston take his bath!" I yelled to Hunter from his office.
"Yeah! He's getting his pjs on!" I nodded in satifsfaction and noticed that Sadie had fallen asleep. I turned off the TV and picked her up and carried her to her bed. I kissed her forehead and turned off thr lights and closed the door.

I walked 2 steps to Westons room and saw him sitting on his bed with his bedtime book sitting right next to him. I sat down next to him but he stopped me before i could start reading.

" Mommy? Could Daddy read to me tonight?" Surprised, I nodded and walked into Hunters office.

" Your son wants you to read him a bed time story." He looked up just as surprised as I was and kissed my forehead before he walked out the office door.

I sighed, exhausted, and walked into mine and Hunters bedroom and got my pjs on and turned off the light and went to into bed. I checked the clock and it read 9:57pm and I closed my eyes. About 10 minutes later I felt Hunter climb into bed with me and he put his arm around my stomach and I felt asleep in his arms.

I woke up around 7:30 am and Hunter was already up and he woke up the kids as well. I got breakfast ready and Hunter came back into the house from getting the mail.

" Honey, there's a letter for you from St. Louis County Jail." I furrowed my eyebrows confused and took the letter.

Dear Mrs. Rowland,

I am here to inform you that Robert Davis who has been held in since 2014 which is 12 years, has now been held on a 1.3 million dollar parole from his mother. We wish to invite you here to come to his hearing and you may speak your understandings about this situation. This event is being held February 5th.

Sincerely,
St. Louis County Jail

I dropped the letter and Hunter ran over to me. He picked me up bridal style to get me away from the kids.

" What?? What happened Rian?" Hunter yelled.

" Robbie. He- he's on parole." I stuttered, crying.

" Robbie? As in the Robbie from 13 years ago?!" I nodded and he held me close and  ran his rough hands through my hair.

" We have to go." I said with tears in my eyes. He nodded.

" I'll call Brandon so he can watch him. They love Brandon." Hunter said and I nodded.

We walked out.

" What happened Mommy?" Sadie asked me while stuffing her face with waffles.

" Nothing honey. I just got a little bit dizzy." I smiled at Hunter and he gave me a pity smile. I hate those.

Hunter called Brandon about watching the kids for the next 4 days and Brandon said he wouldn't mind at all and they could play with his 2 kids.

****

2 Weeks Later

" Okay sweeties. Have fun with uncle Brandon we'll see you in 1 week okay?" I smiled and kissed their heads and Hunter did the same. I walked over to Brandon.

" Thanks Brandon this means a lot." Brandon hugged me.

" Its fine. I know that this is kinda a big deal to you and that you need to go. I love your kids. I'll probably call Weston to come over since he and Weston get along." We laughed and Hunter thanked him too. ( A/N Brandon and Weston Koury still keep in touch. I'll refer to Weston Koury as Wes)

We drove over to the airport to fly over to St. Louis Missouri where I'll see the man who raped me get off early from jail.