SIXTEEN | 8/20/15

SIXTEEN | 8/20/15

"DID YOU GET all the boxes, Ard?" Harrison asks, helping me load my belongings into my dad's car.

"I think so," I reply, touching his shoulder as I scan through all of the labels, "Yeah, I'm ready to drive out tomorrow morning. What about you?"

"I still have a few things to pack."

"I could help," I suggest as he closes the trunk.

"Don't worry about it, babe," Harrison says, "Let's just have fun at the party tonight. Grant's gonna be there with Venice."

"I'm so happy they got together," I say as we walk down the path that leads to my house, "I was happy when they got together. They were really cute at the bonfire."

"Hey," Harrison protests, "we're cute."

"We're not together," I reply with a laugh, "Not yet, that is. C'mon, babe, step up your game."

Harrison didn't attempt to kiss me again this past week, but I can tell how tempted he is, especially since his eyes keep fluttering down to my lips. It doesn't help that I do the same exact thing. I don't know what's holding us back from making anything official, but it still doesn't stop me from poking fun at our relationship.

"I-I'm getting there," he says, flustered, and I just laugh at him like the good almost-girlfriend I am.

When we enter my house, my dad is sitting on the couch, watching some show on the television. It's honestly nice seeing him there, especially since he's rarely home because his duty as the sheriff. My dad decided that he's going to be home for the next two days, ready to send his only child off to college.

I go upstairs and get ready, letting Harrison hang out with my dad. I quickly pull off my ratty t-shirt and change into a nice striped shirt paired with a black skater skirt. I shove my feet into my combat boots and finally check my outfit one last time. In a span of a few minutes, I manage to get ready and run back downstairs.

"Dad," I say, calling his attention from the screen and making Harrison get up to stand next to me, "Harrison and I are gonna head to the party, okay?"

"Alright, Arden," he replies, "You two better be safe. I don't want you showing up to this house drunk."

I roll my eyes, "We'll be fine."

"Night, Sheriff," Harrison salutes and grabs my hand, leading me outside of the house and to his car.

I look over to him as he starts the car, and if sensing that I'm watching him, he turns to me and smiles. It's the kind where his teeth are showing and his eyes crinkle at the corner, and it takes away my breath. There are so many smiles and grins and laughs that we've shared over the past few months, but sometimes, there are the ones that seem extra special. For some reason, this is one of them.

"Let's spend this night the right way, yeah?" Harrison says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," I reply before reconnecting our hands.

•••

AN HOUR IN, and the party is already in full swing. The music is sending vibrations through the house, bodies are gyrating with each other along with the beats, and people are laughing, kissing, talking. There are paper plates and red solo cups strewn all over the place. It's a perfect image for a party, and it's amazing.

I'm chatting with Venice as Grant and Harrison go get our drinks, not wanting us to accidentally drink an alcoholic beverage, which is really sweet of them to do.

"So," Venice says with her lips curling into a smirk, "I bet Harrison will kiss you tonight."

"You think?" I jokingly ask, a good-natured laugh escaping my body.

"Oh, I know, Arden," she nods assuredly, "I know."

Before I can reply, Grant and Harrison come back and hand us our drinks. I appreciatively smile at the two of them and immerse myself into the growing conversation. It's really nice to spend time with them and joke around a lot. The little things make it much more appealing.

"Are you guys excited for senior year?" I ask, smoothing out my skirt.

"Duh," Grant says, but Venice gives a negative answer. They look at each other for a few seconds before changing their answers into the opposite.

"What about you guys?" Venice asks, "Are you ready to join the college world?"

I nod, "Yeah, I actually think I'm ready. Besides, I'll have this loser by my side."

Grant grins wickedly at that while Harrison protests.

Harrison and I give them advice on how to survive twelfth grade and which teachers are good to have. We continue talking about trivial things before all of us eventually split away. Venice and Grant head over to greet other friends, and Harrison and I join the dancing crowd.

We end up in the middle of everyone, where it's hot and humid and lively. Harrison puts his hands on my waist, and I can feel the heat radiating off of him. I look up at him through my eyelashes and place my hands on his shoulders. Only then do I realize how much taller he is than me.

"Did I tell you that you look fucking gorgeous tonight, Arden?"

"Brash," I say, but my voice feels shaky, "but no."

"Well, you look fucking gorgeous, and I'm so infatuated with you, and I'm just gonna kiss you now, okay?"

I immediately expect him to capture my lips with his, but instead he leans his forehead against mine and pulls me closer. It's only the two of us right now, and it feels wonderful and toe-curling. This is the feeling I want to feel all the time. The feeling of my heart racing and my blood pumping and all the butterflies in my stomach just fluttering.

Slowly, he leans in until our lips brush, hesitantly, just like the previous Thursday. Except this time, nothing is stopping him. So, he presses his lips against mine more assuredly, making it last longer than before again. It's sweet and tantalizing, and it's honestly everything I could've imagined. Somehow, my fingers are buried in his hair, and he's leaning down so I don't struggle.

This kiss made me realize that I'm completely under a trance called Harrison Gage.

He kisses my forehead, "So, how about that cute relationship, Arden?"

"I accept the offer," I tease.

"Oh, it wasn't an offer, baby."

_____________________________

OMGOMGOMGOMG I AM FREAKING OUT. I WROTE THIS, AND I'M DYING. AHHHHHHHH. ARDISON KISSED. THEY KISSED!!!

I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I DEFINITELY DID. *continues fangirling*

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5K READS AND ALMOST 1,000 VOTES! YOU'RE ALL SO GREAT <3

ALSO, CHECK OUT THE EXTENDED DESCRIPTION FOR MY NEW STORY: WHERE IT BEGAN

BeSuReTo:

vote•comment•follow

--islandarc