The Storm

The sky seemed to open up in seconds. Thunder roared overhead, as lightning streaked the sky in blue flashes. 
It was a stormy night alright, a fucking stormy ass night. Had the neighborhood all simultaneously started screaming at once, you wouldn't notice anything over how loud this blasted storm was. 

You sighed, swiping your hand down your face as you slumped forward, stretching out over your desk. Your (HC) hair rested over your shoulders, in knotted clumps. You hadn't been taking care of yourself recently, too occupied. 

You where (N/LN), a straight A+ graduate of (SN). You where always a good kid, the teachers pet, someone the kids would snicker and talk about. A misfit, a nerd, a fucking pussy. And here you where, in your 20s, paranoid about a fucking kids show that taunted your dreams, every. fucking. night. 

Sure you've gone to therapy, sure you tried to get help. But, what could you have said? A Anime was taunting you? A anime was keeping you up at night? A fucking anime was the thing that kept you from your job, your friends, the remaining family you occasionally visited? Then what? Then they'd give you a questioning look, they'd furrow their brow- they'd gaze pitying at you, as you broke down and sobbed.  You couldn't tell them, they wouldn't understand. Instead, you spoke about how you where bullied as a kid, how you had a alright childhood, but it wasn't alright  in the sense you wanted it to be. Then they'd understand, they'd nod, they'd hand you the proscription and you'd be on your way. 

You where on your own. You had to figure this out somehow, even if by the end of it, you where just a mentally fucked individual. 

You'd look up at the screen, Nanami was screaming about something that Tomoe had done. You cracked a smile, as she shouted and shouted in that comedic anime style you where so accustomed to. The audio bounced off the walls, somewhat dulled as you had taken your headphones out long ago. 
As Tomoe drifted over, almost as if he had hovered, or had somehow acquired a segway in the 10 seconds Nanami was screaming for. To cup her chin and whisper something in his narcissist tone of voice, your computer froze, the prerecorded episode bugged out, now it was nothing more then a mess of bright colors.  

You blinked, you then groaned in frustration. 
You'd push yourself up, so you where now in a upright position. Sliding your hand over the mouse, and dragging it across your desk, all whilst eyeing the cursor placed on the bottom left of your computers screen.

The mouse didn't budge, staying positioned where you had left it earlier. You spammed the clicker, still nothing. You slid your hand off of the cursor, now spamming the keys of your computer. Nothing. You cursed under your breath. 
Your hand slid over to the manual shut off button, you pressed the button and held it down. Waiting for your laptop to reboot.
Your laptop, however, didn't respond to you in any way. Staying on its freeze-frame, now a blur of boxy, pixelated colors. 

"What in the nine chambers of hell-" You'd whisper, now getting slightly peeved off. 

You'd try again, still nothing. 
You'd try it a third time, still nothing. 
You'd unplug your computer, it remained on the same damn screen. 
You'd do everything humanly possible, growing frantic at the end. 

"FUCKING HELL!" You'd shout, slamming both your palms down against your desk.

 Standing abruptly, your swivel chair rolled back. You yelled a string  of curses, not caring who heard you, not caring if the elderly neighbors had decided to drop by for some milk. You where pissed, who could blame you?  
You didn't have the money for a new laptop. You hadn't slept properly in days, eating was a strain. You didn't need this. 

"F-fucking hell.." You broke down now

Slowly falling to your knees, as you sobbed, hunched over your desk. Hiding your face in your hands.  Sniffling and choking, for what seemed like hours. 

You hadn't noticed yet, had you? 
The storm was quiet. 
You could hear the anime earlier. 
The storm had subsided abruptly, and yet, you could still see it outside your window. 
It was as strong as ever.
But, you could only hear what was inside your own apartment complex

Something wasn't right here. 

--Edited part. 

(N/LN) - Name/Last name 
(HC) - Hair color 
(SN) School name