Chapter 1

"Hey, Masky!" Toby cheered from the back 'yard'. It was more like a clearing in the woods. The small male was playing football with some of the other Pastas and was trying his best to receive his fellow proxy's attention.
  Tim, of course, ignored the call for attention and instead focused on the others. It was Toby, Brian, Jeff, BEN, Jane, and Clockwork playing. It was a bit odd for EJ to not be playing, but the odd cannibal was probably busy eating or something.
  "I want to go play..." Sally pouted and tugged on Tim's pants leg.
  Tim leaned down and lifted Sally onto his hip. The small girl easily wrapped her legs around Tim's plump side and pat his sideburns gently.
  "What would you like to play?" Tim asked as he carried her into the living room.
  "Let's play... Hide and seek!" She cheered and hugged his neck firmly.
  Tim could feel himself recoil, but it couldn't be that bad, right? I mean, the mansion wasn't that big, right...? "Alright." Tim chuckled and set Sally down. "You go hide, and I'll count!" He cheered and covered his eyes. "1, 2, 3, 4... 5..." The sound of tiny feet scurrying away echoed through the large house. "6... 7, 8, 9...10!" Tim uncovered his eyes and looked around. The sound of footsteps were gone and Sally was no where to be seen.
  "Ready or not, here I come!" Tim called out and waited. He couldn't hear any giggling or shifting. That wasn't good.
  Tim raced down the halls, peeking his head through door after door. No sign in anyone's rooms. Jeff's and Toby's messes remained the same, Jane's room didn't have any decent hiding spaces, Tim and Brian's rooms were locked as normal, and no one dared step foot in EJ's room. Hopefully she wasn't in there...
  There didn't seem to be any disturbance in the laundry room or library. The only two other places were the bathrooms and living room. That's what Tim thought, at least.
  A shrill scream rang through the house and all activity stopped. The game outside halted and a heavy pant or two could be heard. After a few moments, Tim bolted. The yelp sounded like it had come from the kitchen.
  A scared Sally sat on the counter and a guilty EJ was trying to comfort her. It obviously wasn't working. Sally was shaking and EJ's quiet personality didn't seem friendly at all.
  "What happened?" Tim asked and swatted EJ's hand away like a pesky cat.
  EJ retreated to a dim corner of the room and shrugged. Sally wiped at tears forming in her eyes and jumped into Tim's arms. "I was g-gonna hide in the cabinet, b-but he w-was already in there..." She sniffled. She didn't seem upset, just startled.
  Tim looked back at EJ, but the thin male was already gone. It was amazing how easily he had slipped away.
  "Why don't you go play in your room?" Tim offered and set Sally back in the ground. She nodded eagerly and ran back off to her bedroom.
  Brian and Toby had come inside to check out what the racket was.
  "What'd you do?" Toby chuckled and leaned against the counter.
  "I did nothing." Tim growled and walked over to inspect the cabinet. What kind of business would EJ have in there?
  "Uh... Was is it a rat or something?" Brian asked and stepped closer as if ready to pull Tim back on command.
  "Nah, it was EJ, for some reason." Tim grunted as he bent over and began his search. All he could find was pipes and a couple bottles of dish soap. Let's not even mention the moldy sponges...
  "That's weird." Toby muttered and sat himself on Tim's back.
  Brian put a hand over his mouth to  stiffle a chuckle. Tim sighed and stood up just to have Toby cling like a small child.
  "You know what..." Tim growled and pulled Toby up. "I'm going to bed." And with that he tossed Toby to the side and marched up to his own bedroom.