6

I don't know what happened. It all happened too quick. I was standing next to Chase and then everything went black. Where am I? I have no idea.

"Chase! Chase where are you? Chase! Chase!" I yell.

"Oh honey. Chase can't hear you where we are." Someone said. I can't really see them though. It's really dark here. Wherever here is.

"Where am I? Who are you? What do you want with me? Where is Chase?"

"Oh honey. You will know who I am soon enough my darling. As for right now though nobody knows where you are so they can't save you. Chase isn't coming for you he doesn't care about you. You're nothing to him but a pretty face."

"You're wrong! Chase does care about me! He's gonna come for me and when he does you'll be sorry!"

"My dear I think you have forgotten that I almost killed him."

"Matt! Stay away from me you creep."

"Now come on baby don't be like this."

"Get away from me!" I yell and had so much force he went flying backward. Where the hell did that come from?

I take the chance to untie myself and run.

"Get back here you bitch!" Matt yells.

I have no idea where I'm going but I come to what feels like a door knob. I open it and look out. The only thing I can see is darkness and a roof top. I decide to jump.

"Energize." I say and morph as I fall from the roof.

I land on my feet, steady myself, and demorph.

"Oh my god Hayden I've been looking everywhere for you. Don't you ever do that again. You scared me babygirl." I hear Chase say from behind me.

"Chase!"

"Hayden baby don't do that please. I thought you were gone. Where'd you go anyway?"

"Matt he kidnapped me. And he he tied me up and and..." I stutter
running to Chase and crying into his chest.

"Damn it! I promised you I would never let him hurt you and I did. I let him hurt you. I never wanted him to ever hurt you. Hayden I'm so sorry babygirl." He says his voice cracking a little. "I'm so sorry Hayden."

I pull away from Chase just enough to see the tears forming in his eyes fall on me.

"Chase don't cry please. It wasn't your fault. Chase please don't cry." I say crying more.

"I should've payed more attention to you instead of just walking around without you. I should've held you close. I shouldn't have let him get to you. It's all my fault."

"Chase stop crying. It's my fault I got grabbed. It isn't your fault Chase."

"Yes it is Hayden."

"Chase stop blaming yourself. I don't want you to feel like it was your fault when it's mine."

"Hayden how is it your fault?"

"Because it was Matt. And whatever happened between the two of you wasn't your fault."

"How much do you know about what happened between us?"

"I only know what happened as to why he put you in the hospital."

"That's not even the beginning."

"Ok then what really happened?"

"I don't wanna tell you here. I'll tell you at my house ok babygirl?"

"Sure. But first I need to ask you a very important question."

"Ask away babygirl."

"Why do you always call me baby and babygirl?"

"Because you're my babygirl."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You are my babygirl even if we aren't dating you will always be my babygirl."

"Wow." I say as Chase pulls me closer.

"No matter what happens between us you will always be my babygirl Hayden. I don't care about anything anyone else has to say. You will always be my babygirl Hayden."

"Chase I-"

"Hayden move now."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it ok." He says. "When I say now you run as far away as you can get and don't look back. Ok babygirl?"

"No. Wait what th-"

"Now!" Chase yells. I don't move. I can't. I feel like I'm stuck to Chase. I feel something hit me in the head. I can't tell what it is. I'm overcome by darkness.

•Chase's P.O.V•
Hayden was hit by Matt and was knocked out. I kneel down by her side and look up at Matt.

"Why would you do this to her?" I yell at him.

"Oh Chase she deserves more than a guy like you. She deserves me." He says calmly.

"I need her! She's my everything and I don't think that I could live without her! Why would you want to hurt someone as gorgeous and perfect as Hayden? What did she ever do to you? She doesn't need you in her life! She needs me!" I yell.

"It will hurt more to take the things you love most. So I'm starting with her."