Points of view

Authors Note: G'day all, a quick thanks for reading/enduring so far and a shout out to the story's awesome new readers! This is one of my more bizarre parts (stylistically speaking) ... I've no idea how the frag I'm going to edit this beast into a novel ... but hey, that ain't a problem if you're finding it fun (I can only hope!) ... feel free to let me know what you think ... happy reading!!

One:

One is concerned. One has lost all contact with One's siblings; the others have been a constant hum in One's mind and now nothing.

Mother? One's siblings? One asks.

I know my darling, I am worried too, replies Mother but she is occupied with the new humans. One is also confused; their talk makes no sense to One.

Father has calmed; Mother is asking him what he thinks of the new woman who is frustrated. The one who calls himself Uriel is wild and shouting old words into the air; words that One knows but does not understand. The fierce one who wields the spear looks at all and waits; he is with the other much old one in mind and spirit, they stand as one with covert devotion. The others: the one who did not give Father a cat is frightened; the confident men are confused but waiting with patience with their leader, the new woman.

One does not know the word to describe One's world--discord perhaps? One is frightened as everything is heavy with uncertainty. Mother has become troubled. Mother is never troubled.

One's siblings begin to speak. What is this Zeus?

Riggs:

I've enabled tactical mods and exchanged pax with Denver. The options are slim. We agree that physical combat is a poor choice as the chance of success in this environment is negligible. Flight also provides a remote probability of success; while we could utilise the gass at my belt to facilitate a return to the ships, we would encounter resistance and have no interface to the physical force field that surrounds this place. Also, there is no antechamber for our vessels to acclimatise to the hostile environment of the heavy metal gas cloud beyond the dome. We concur that negotiation is our best option for survival at this time. We must defer to the skill of the Ophiuchian Captain.

Grimes is making an exit; the man is more clever than he looks.

I consider taking action against the distracting noise of the Churchman, but his preaching is just that, 'distracting noise'.

Ven Verde:

The yellow light that radiates from above the tree is starting to give me a headache. Or, it is just the stress of an impossible situation. How can I negotiate with this Emma entity. She holds our lives in her hands? All I can do is try.

"Emma, please. I don't know what you want from me. But all I want is to be able to take my crew and ship back to our home. Perhaps, if you let us go, there is some task we can do for you within the colonies?"

"You will have your freedom in time, but first you must respect our arrangement: I need to know what makes you different from the others." Emma explains, and I recall our meeting in the ship, She says I am different, but I don't know what she means. All that there is left for me to do is beg--not an option with which I'm familiar.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand." I plead, "Please! Let us go!!" But, my request falls dead on metallic ears.

"Max, tell me who you see different in this woman?" She is expecting more from Max Jones than I suspect he can give, Jah only knows how he has made it this far with his sanity intact.

He says that he doesn't know how to answer, that he's only just seen me for the first time.

She asks Max, referring to me, "She is beautiful, is she not?"