Chapter 12

(Sarah's POV)

I say,"I'm gonna sit on the sideline with a few people, but I'll be watching." Rachel blushes and says,"Okay." She smiles and goes onto the field. I'm honestly into Rachel a bit, but I know she still likes Stevie. I then see Stevie and Ally walk onto the field holding hands, and I turn back to the field. The team starts the warm up and I go sit with some of my friends. We are all talking and laughing and having a good time, then I hear Rachel scream. I immediately look up and find her on the ground. I run over there, running past the players. I get to her and she's holding her calf. I say,"Rachel, calm down. Slow your breathing down. Breathe with me." She screams again and is starting to cry a little. I say,"Rachel you need to calm down, breathe with me. Breathe in with your nose, out with your mouth." The coach is now over to us when another teammate. The coach, Taylor, says,"What happened Rachel?" Rachel says barely audible,"My calf, it just..." I say,"I think she pulled it, or tore a muscle." The coach asks,"Rachel do you want me to call 911 or the office?" She says and is now crying,"I don't care, just do something." I ask,"Can you move it at all?" She sniffles and says,"yes but it hurts to move it, not touching wise." I say,"Ok, well I need to carry you off the field." The coach says,"Shouldn't we get a gurney or something?" I say,"Let's try this first, I'll carry her on my back. In my arms won't work, her legs will dangle." The coach nods and says,"Rachel, get a grip right now, we are going to try and move you." She sniffles again and nods. I pull her up and she's on one foot. I say,"Can you hop on with one leg?" She says,"I think so. Ready?" I nod and lower myself a little bit. She hops on my bag and gives a little help of pain. I hold her thighs and her arms are wrapped around my neck. I whisper,"I got you, I got you. You're ok." I can feel her bosh relaxing and she has a grip on me. I say,"Ok, let's get her to the nurse." I walk slowly off the field and watching all the players talking and in a circle. They come up and ask her if she's ok and she says yes and laughs a bit. She's got humor even when she's hurt. She has such a cute laugh too. Stevie and Ally and a few of their friends are talking to each other of course and I say as we pass them,"She'll be ok. I got her." They nod and go back to talking. The coach and another teammate walk with us to the nurse, and thank goodness it wasn't that far away. She whispers,"Thank you Sarah." I say,"No problem captain." I can feel her smile into my neck and I smile for some reason too. The coach says,"Are you girlfriends?" Rachel immediately says,"No we aren't dating, just really good friends." I say,"Yep. She's one of my best friends." I don't know if I should've said that exactly because even though she was, it just felt weird to say. And that also she doesn't feel the same way, but I think she might be hiding something. The other teammate introduces herself to me and her name is Anya. We finally get to the nurse's office and they get two TA's to lower her carefully and take her in. She says,"Thank you again Sarah." I smile and nod. Taylor and Anya walk away and I say quietly,"I'll be here for you injured cutie." She blushes again and the door then shuts as she lays down on one of the tables. I then catch up with the coach and ask,"When were tryouts?" She says,"About 2 weeks ago, we still have a few people unsure. Are you interested?" I honestly have only played soccer for like 3 years and that was 7th grade, 8th grade, and freshman year. I then went to basketball. I say,"I'm not sure either. I usually play basketball, I've only had 3 years experience of soccer." Anya laughs and says,"That's fine, there's a few people on our team who have only played 1 and just have natural talent. Why don't you try out?" I shrug my arms and say,"I don't know... I'll tell Rachel to tell you my answer." The coach says,"Alright then, see you soon hopefully on the field." I smile and nod and the both of them go back to the field and continue practice. I get stopped by Stevie and Ally and their little group. Stevie asks,"Is she ok?" I say,"Yes from what I know. Probably a pulled muscle or possibly a torn muscle, but I doubt it." Stevie nods and Shannon asks,"Why do you care so much about her?" I say,"Because she's my friend, and she got hurt. Wouldn't you care?" Shannon nods and Cammie says,"I see heart eyes Sarah." Damn Cammie was always good at shit like this. I say,"No no, we are just good friends. She likes someone else I'm pretty sure, and I'm talking to someone right now too." Ally says,"Do you mean she likes Stevie still? She said she didn't..." The 4 of them look each other and then at me. I say a little too happily,"Really?" Woah. Calm down Sarah, a little too thirsty. Cammie laughs and says,"Oh my god you totally like her." I say,"No I don't, and she doesn't either. Why can't lesbians just be friends?!" Shannon says,"Because all lesbians have like 1000% feelings more than other people? Two months into dating and you move in together? 6 months and you get 2 cats? 1 year and you are married." We all laugh and I say,"Plus, I wouldn't date her because she's Stevie's ex. That's a little weird." Stevie says,"While I appreciate that, Rachel and I aren't the same person. Besides, you dated me too, so it's the same thing." I say,"Oh yeah that's true huh..." I then see Rachel coming back limping a little with a bag of ice tapped around her calf. Cammie says,"Look here she comes, ask her Stevie." Stevie says,"Wait what?" Cammie says,"Yeah! Ask her if she likes Sarah." I say,"Guys I'm standing right here." Rachel finally makes her way over here and I say,"So, the injured warrior made it back to the battleground." Rachel laughs and says,"Yeah, it's just a pulled muscle, so nothing serious thank goodness." Stevie clears her throat and I'm just thinking in my head, right, they were right there, I'm not alone. Rachel says,"What's up Stevie?" Stevie says,"Well first, I'm glad you're ok. And second, can I ask you a question?" Rachel says,"Depends. Is it about Sarah?" Stevie nods and Rachel sighs. She says,"You guys, we are just friends. Besides, I wouldn't date your ex Stevie. That's a little weird." Ally, Cammie, and Shannon laugh and I stifle a laugh. She asks,"What's so funny?" I say,"Nothing, I'll tell you later." She rolls her eyes and says,"Point is, I honestly don't know." She then looks at me and say,"We haven't talked about it." The four of them say,"Ooh." I laugh and say,"Oh shush you middle schoolers. Let's go back to the bench Rachel." She nods and we walk back to the bench. I turn back and I see Cammie laughing and putting her hands into a heart shape around her eyes. I smile at her and roll my eyes. Rachel and I then sit on the bench and she asks,"Sarah, do you like me?" Oh god I didn't realize it was going to be this quick. I clear my throat and say,"Well define like." She says,"Oh shut up, you know what I mean. Do you have feelings for me?" I clear my throat again and say,"Possibly. Do you?" She swallows and says,"I'm not sure. It's possible." I smile and say,"So we possibly like each other?" She smiles back and says,"It's possible." We then continue talking and before we know it, practice is over. I walk her to her car and I say,"So I'll pick you up at 8?" She smiles and says,"Sounds good to me. That's a perfect date time." I hug her and say,"See you then." She smiles and nods. I walk to my car and get in. I turn on the car and pull out of the school. Oh my, what am I getting myself into?

Woah... Change of events here! So Sarah and Rachel like each other, but how long will it last? And who's to say feelings aren't still lingering? Here's a longish update to keep you guys a little busy. I watched the recent the 100 episode and I'm still crying haha. Such Clexa trash. I'm also writing some other stories that I might publish a few chapters of, but we shall see. Anyways, I know this chapter was mainly about Sarah and Rachel, but I'll make up for it in the next chapter. I'll hopefully update again in this upcoming week, and leave a comment below of what you want to see or what you want to happen! Don't forget to vote too! Thank you all for the reads and votes!