15 | Touch and go

Neither of us broke the stare and honestly I couldn't. It was quite hard not getting lost in the blue of his eyes. Oh how I'd missed him. 

He stood up and walked to me until he was only a couple of feet away. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked cold, nothing like the Mathew I knew.

 "I..I heard you were in trouble."

"Well, I'm not." He answered and I stared at the floor. I was scared of not knowing how to act. I wanted to hug him and kiss him, yet I wasn't sure if that was the best idea. I turned around, forgetting why I was here in the first place. "Go, return to your wolf." He muttered low almost in a whisper, but I had heard.

"What?" I asked, facing him. 

"You heard, didn't you?" 

"I don't know what you mean." 

"You know exactly what I mean. You and that 'Beta'."

"What?!" I said angry, he believed I would have beenwith someone else by now? Damn him! "You are wrong! Why do think I'm going back to be with Liam?" 

"Because I saw you. I heard you.. You.. said you would have chosen him." He said so calm, it actually made me believe he was sad. That he was hurting.

"I didn't... I didn't mean I was gonna chose him. Yes probably I would have if the night of the bonfire you hadn't been there and we hadn't met each other. Because yeah, there was no other option, but from the moment I met you there hasn't been other choice. It's you and only you."  He looked at me incredulously, but I continued. "You. Are. My. Mate and that won't change just because I can't be with you."

"What stops you?" He asked. 

I shook my head because I knew the tears were already rolling down my cheeks. "You know we can't, I can't put your family through this. Your pack, everyone..."

"Serena, that's my decision to make.."

"NO! No, no, no, You can't do that!" 

Then his arms were around me, calming me, comforting me, making me feel safe and forgetting about all the burden I carried. 

I inhaled his scent and couldn't hold back any longer. I exploded in tears knowing how much I had missed him. 

"Mathew." I whispered and his lips softly kissed mine. "I love you." 

The words were out my mouth before I could register, but didn't regret them. He needed to know. I needed him to know how I really felt, even if it was the last thing I said.

I looked up to him and he tightened our embrace. "I'm sorry."

He sadly smiled and buried his face on my neck. "Shh..It's okay. We'll find a way. I promise you."

Our lips found each other and didn't seem to want to stop. We kissed like we never had, and I felt it. Our pull, the connection.. everything that made us perfect for each other. And I was sure, I wouldn't need much more to convince myself this was what I wanted even if I tried to stay away.

The days we had been apart had been the answer I needed. I couldn't live without Mathew, he was my always and forever from now on...And in this moment I couldn't care less if my dad, or if my pack would not approve of our mate bond, I was ready for anything. 

"I love you, Serena...I really do."

This man, was all the strength I needed.

A/N:

Hellooo everybody!

So, this chapter is super short. I know, but I'll update tomorrow the second part. I just wanted to give you a little sneak peek. Hope you have liked it!

If you did, don't forget to comment, or vote, or follow me! I appreciate the support :)

Any thoughts of what might happen next?

Thank you again everyone who has read so far..

I love you all, see you soon.

-Isabelle, xo.