Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart

Начните с самого начала

I tilted my head, trying to get a better look at his face. "Because....?" I asked, giving him a cheeky grin. I heard him mumble something under his breath. "What did ya say? I didn't quite here that!" I said, causing Yuu to sigh in frustration.

"It's because I like someone else...." I heard him mumble. I froze.

"He likes someone else?! Is it Shinoa-chan...? No, of course not! It can't be...right?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Oh really now! And who might that lucky girl or boy be?" I giggled. He turned to me. "You did not just say what I think you just said!" He exclaimed as I bursted into laughter.

"Sorry, sorry! So, who is that person anyway?" I giggled. Suddenly, Yuu grabbed me by my shoulders, causing me to look up at him. He was blushing pretty badly.

"Wait....what...?"

Yuu swallowed nervously. "M-Mayu....I...I..." He started to say, my heart starting to beat faster.

"W-What's happening?! Why is my heart beating so fast right now?!"

"Well now! I hope I'm not interrupting you two!" A voice emitted from the staircase behind us. We blushed and separated from each other.

"As expected, Mr. Hero who saved the school from the vampire is pretty popular with the girls." Shinoa said as she walked up to us. She looked over at Yuu, who just rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Are you gonna break her heart next?" She asked. "What do you mean by "next"? I haven't even done anything like that." Yuu said. I looked down at my shoes.

Shinoa giggled. "I suppose, since you are a cherry-boy." Yuu blushed in embarrassment and I couldn't help but giggle. "Shut up you!" He grumbled.

"I-I'm sorry...I can't help but laugh....!" I said between giggles. Shinoa turned towards me. "You don't really have much to laugh about either, Mayu-san. I bet your just as much of a virgin as Yuu - san is." I stopped laughing, my face turning red.

"Why that little....!!!!"

"You know you guys, virginity is "evil"." Shinoa said, looking at the scenery behind the fence.

"What does she mean by that?"

"After all, we, the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, encourage people to hook-up everyday." Shinoa said, turning back to us. Yuu and I looked at her curiously.

"The world ended once. Because of an unknown virus, causing monsters to suddenly swarm the earth, killing many people." Shinoa said as she pointed out to the city. "Past those walls are ruins and wastelands crawling with monsters. This world is no longer human-friendly."

I looked out at the city, feeling sad. I remembered all the places I used to go with my parents, my old school, the people that I used to know...they were all just...gone.

"However, we, the Japanese Imperial Demon Army, will gather the remnants of humanity, multiply, and take over the whole world!" Shinoa said, starting to skip around alittle.

"Now, give birth! Breed! Hurrah for elicit sexual relations!" She exclaimed. I gave her a weird look.

"Now hold on a sec! You expect us to go out, find someone to date, and to have kids, just like that? If you don't mind me saying, I think that's just a little too...early for my taste." I said, Shinoa turned towards Yuu and I. She gave us a mischievous grin.

"Well then. If you two don't want to go out with other people, why don't the two of you go out. I bet you both will have the cutest kids together." Shinoa said, causing me to almost fall over.