Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall

Start from the beginning

"Who the hell are you callin' shortstack?! Must I remind you that I have grown since four years ago? This is why I call you baka-Yuu now." I stated, crossing my arms. Yuu went to say something back, but a loud rumbling cut him off.

My eyes darted towards a billboard to the left of me. I grabbed my sword, already on the defensive.

"It's coming...and fast..."

Suddenly, the billboard exploded into pieces as a monster charged through. Two of our other comrades came through also, landing right next to Yuu and I.

I drew my sword quickly. "Damn, it's a "Four horsemen of John."!" One of our comrades shouted. I gritted my teeth.

"Damn...this thing is ugly!"

"Private Hyakuya, Private Shiranui. What are you doing here? You have to leave immediately." Our other comrade stated. I put my sword back in its sheath and nodded. "Yes sir! Come on, Yuu-kun." I said as I grabbed Yuu's arm.

Yuu ripped his arm from my grasp. "Huh? Leave? Who are you talking to?" He asked, turning towards our comrades.

"Oh no...not again..."

"I live for nothing but revenge on those blood suckers. What am I gonna do if I can't handle a small fry like this monster?!" Yuu said, drawing his sword. He started charging right at it, catching the monsters attention.

"You stupid moron!!"

I gritted my teeth and drew my sword again. "Dammit!! You stupid idiot!!!" I screamed as I charged after him. I wasn't about ready to let Yuu die. He was the only family I had left...and I wasn't about ready to lose anymore of my family.

"That damn kid again!.." One of our comrades said, sounding pretty annoyed. The other nodded. "One day, his actions are going to get that poor girl killed.." He said, shaking his head.

The Four horsemen of John swung it's giant tentacle like arms at Yuu, in an attempt to crush him. Yuu dodged, hitting the monster with his sword. I dashed towards it and swung my sword, slicing it's flesh open.

I shuddered as its blood rained down on me, staining my uniform red.

"Great! Just great!! It takes a while to get blood stains like this out of my clothes!!"

The Four horsemen of John let out a blood curdling screech as it swung at me again. I blocked to the best of my ability, but I didn't block all of its attacks. I got knocked backward, losing my sword.

"Dammit! This is why I didn't want a sword...I can't maneuver it correctly..."

I regained my balance quickly. I quickly grabbed my sword and dodged the monsters attack again.

Yuu came out of nowhere and charged at the Four horsemen of John, dodging all its remaining attacks before slicing it in half, finishing it off for good.

I cringed as more blood rained everywhere. The monsters body fell to the ground with a thud, making the ground shake.

I looked over at Yuu and gritted my teeth.

"That dumbass..."
.

.

.

.

* Timeskip: the next day *

"This is a load of crap." I heard Yuu mumble behind me. I didn't say anything to him. I wasn't going to talk to him for the rest of the day. Because of his recklessness in battle, and the fact that I decided to be reckless myself for trying to help his ass, we both got suspened.