Chapter 5

*not edited*

*sorry it's short:( don't kill me when you read the ending please!*

Kara's POV

Everything went in slow motion. Jason's black eyes pierced my own as he walked in. His cheek was still slightly red from the fight with Marcel earlier. My eyes trailed down and I saw his hand holding on to a boney hand with hot pink painted fingernails. My eyes traveled back up and I saw Lacey, one of the head cheerleaders, walking close behind him. They both glared at me, especially Lacey while Jason glared mostly at Marcel.

They both walked up to the cashier to get their orders. Since we were sitting be the door, we could here what they ordered. Jason got a whole bunch of food that I could even remember while Lacey got a crappy refrigerated salad. Yeah.

As they stood waiting for their order I could tell that Lacey was trying hard to get his attention but he kept looking at his phone.

Marcel and I ate the rest of our food in silence. It was an awkward silence since Jason and his girl of the day were standing a few feet away from us. Funny thing is, just earlier today we were together, as in a couple, but I guess not anymore. I honestly don't care if he's with another girl already. We'd only been together for three months and it's not like I loved him. I mean sure we did it but he wasn't my first. That's a different story for a different time.

As I was saying, I'm basically doing the same thing by hanging out with Marcel. Although Marcel's just a friend. He needed help the first day of school and he helped my the second day of school. That's what friends do, right? They help each other.

My thoughts were interrupted by a buzzing noise coming from my pocket. I looked up at Marcel who was staring at me confused. I shrugged in response and lifted my hips slight to take my phone out if my jeans. Jason's name flashed on my screen and I looked up to see him still standing with Lacey while she blabbed on but he was looking at me. I turned back to my phone and open the text he sent.

-Meet me by the bathrooms.

I scoffed lightly. Never in a million years buddy.

"Are you done?" Marcel asked gesturing to my tray, while standing up. At the same time Jason walked past us glancing at me knowingly and went into the bathroom hallway.

I nodded my head quickly at Marcel. "Yea I'm done." I smiled up at him. "We should go." I suggested so I wouldn't have to see Jason.

He smiled back and threw away the trash and placed the tray back. We walked out not glancing behind us and got into my car.

"Where am I dropping you off?" I asked once we were on the road. I glanced over at him and he seemed to be nervously fidgeting with the ends of his sweater. "Marcel? You okay?"

He looked up meeting my eyes then quickly looked back down to his lap. "Uh you can just drop me off back at school and ill get a ride from there." He said softly.

"Nonsense! Just tell me where to take you. It's a bit late already anyways." I insisted.

He sighed heavily and turned to look at me. "Alright." And so he tells me his address and I drive carefully to the destination.

The drive to his house is spent in silence and soon we're stopped in front of a two story house but it's extremely big and more like a mansion. His parents must be loaded.

"Is this where you live?" I asked stupidly. Gosh Kara, of course this is where he lives! Youre dropping him off here aren't you? I groaned inwardly at myself.

"Yeah..." He trailed off slowly as we see the front door wide open and two boys come running over. "Oh god, please no." Marcel muttered and I'm sure I wasn't suppose to hear that.