Chapter 2

Kara's POV

My jaw dropped to the floor. That meant that Marcel had been here for two years already and I never noticed him. Guilt washed over me as we stood there.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Don't worry. I'm used to not being noticed." He said smiling weakly.

"But I never saw you around." I said, only it made me feel worse. What if he had been around and I never noticed him?

And here I was thinking I was the nice popular girl who everyone liked. Boy, was I wrong. So, so wrong.

I was the bitch who never noticed anyone and only cared about herself. How could everyone like me?

"Well I always try to hide from people like Gabe." He paused running his hand through his now messy hair. "That's why I'm always in the library."

That made me feel slightly better. I never went into the library. But before I could say something he spoke again.

"I should get out of this girls bathroom. Class is almost over and I don't want to get caught in here."

I nodded, suddenly confused on why he was talking to me like nothing else mattered.

Marcel walked out of the bathroom closing the door behind him and leaving me in the dimmed light. I hadn't realized it was so dark in here. I took a look around and noticed Marcel's knitted sweater bundled up in the corner. I laughed slightly as I reached over and picked it up.

I examined the small rips, they were fixable with a sewing machine. I smirked and folded the sweater and made my way towards my locker before first period ended and everyone came stumbling out of their classes.

Just as I had closed my locker the bell rang twice signaling the end of class. I was going to be in so much trouble when my mom found out I skipped my first class on the first day of school.

"Hey babe." Jason came up and stood next to me flashing his bright smile.

I smiled back. "Hey!" I reached over and pulled him into a hug.

"Wow, no kiss?" He scoffed. I rolled my eyes but kissed him once and pulled away quickly. "Are you serious Kara? I waited two days of not seeing you for one kiss?"

I laughed loudly. "You got enough kisses last time!"

"How could I forget." He spoke in a low whisper into my ear. He then proceeded to kiss the soft spot below my ear. "I want a repeat." His lips turn upward into a smirk against my skin. But before I could reply we were interrupted.

"Woah! Please, no PDa on school grounds missy!" I rolled my eyes at my best friend. Jason, on the other hand groaned, he never got along with Jocelyn.

I turned to look at her. She had both her hands covering her eyes and she was shouting random words at us. I looked behind her to see my other best friend Max. He was the complete opposite of Jocelyn. She was quite loud and Max was just quiet. She was a red head and he was blonde. She was a bit on the crazy side and he liked to keep low. He stood shyly behind her as she kept rambling.

I laughed when she quiet down just by him putting his hand on her bare shoulder. They were meant for each other and didn't even realize it. Jason sighed along with me only his sigh was because Jocelyn finally shut her mouth and mine was because I couldn't wait until they realized their feelings for each other.

"Finally." Jason mumbled.

I shoved him playfully. "Be nice!"

"To her?" He said turning to see Jocelyn who was already in a deep conversation about her new favorite song while Max stared at her intently. "No thanks." He said turning back to face me.

Our fifteen minute break was over as we spent it standing by my locker.

"I'll see you at lunch, okay?" Jason said walking away. What? I looked at him confused. "Sorry I can't walk you to class. I have some uh.... Stuff to deal with first." I nodded slowly still trying to understand why he couldn't take me to class like he's done for the past year that we've been dating.

"Oh ok." I replied. I turned around to talk to my friends but found that they had gone too. I frowned and walked myself to my English class.

***

"Mother I'm home!" I sang once I entered the front room of our small house. I took off my shoes and dropped my bag down next to them.

"In the kitchen!" Came a mocking sing song voice like the one I'd just done.

I smiled widely and walked next to my mom who was cooking. "Hey mom." I said giving her a quick peck on the check.

"Hey sweetie, how was you first day of school?"

"Are you making cookies!?" I asked hoping to distract her on the topic of school. I watched as she rolled the dough.

"Kara," she said warningly. "Stop changing the topic. Something obviously happened if you don't want to talk about it."

Why were mothers always right. I groaned inwardly not trying to get her annoyed with me or else she wouldn't give me some cookies.

"Well," I started dramatically. "I was eating my lunch peacefully when I heard a loud bang from the courtyard. It got everyone's attention and everyone went outside to see what it was. So I follow everyone outside and boom!" I throw my hands up for a dramatic explosion noise. "Chickens started falling from the sky and I ate one."

My mother looked at me skeptically. "Kara-" she started to say. But I clutched onto my stomach for dear life.

"Oh god mom! I shouldn't have ate that chicken! But oh it was so good I couldn't resist! Oh but now I have a stomach ache. I should go upstairs and rest or else I won't be able to attend school tomorrow and we don't want that do we now? Ill see you at dinner!" And with that I sprinted off towards my bedroom.

I landed on my bed with a sigh. A small nap wouldn't hurt right?

Wrong. Just as I was about to fall into a deep sleep, a scream made me jump and fall out if bed.

"Kara!"

Oh shit.

She found out.

Sorry this isn't the best chapter:(

It's more of a filler but I can't just start a book and get to the good stuff that quickly.

Though please be patient! There will be More of MARCEL aka harry on the next chapter!!

10 votes?

5 comments?