chapter 3 ⚔ Lone Gunmen

Start from the beginning

"Max Fuller?" Oliver repeated.

"Mm-hmm," Tommy answered.

Oliver nodded awkwardly. "I slept with his fiancee."

"Yeah, before the wedding," Tommy told him.

"It was at the rehearsal dinner," Oliver told him.

"The rehearsal dinner is technically before the wedding," Tommy told him. They laughed. "Right? And besides, who stays mad at a castaway?" Tommy's phone rang. He checked his message. "Ah, damn it, I got to roll. Anyway, I'll see you later, guys. Good place."

Tommy walked out, leaving.

I looked at John. "So, what do you think?"

"Well, I'm here to provide security, not a commentary," John told us. 

"Oh, come on, Dig, do us a favor," Oliver told him. "Speak freely, please."

"Well, this is the Glades, right?" John asked. "Your rich white friends wouldn't come to this neighborhood on a bet."

"I am Oliver Queen, right?" Oliver asked. "People would stand in line for three hours if I opened a club."

"And no one who actually lives in the Glades would see a penny of those cover charges," John told us.

"So we make it a successful business, and we gentrify the neighborhood," I told them.

"I was wondering when we would get to that," John told us. "The knights swooping in to save the disenfranchised. All own your own with no help from anybody but each other."

I nodded. "Wow. You don't think very much of us, do you?"

"No, actually, I have a very high regard for how perceptive the two of you are," John told us, walking out, leaving.

I pressed my lips together, looking around, turning to face Oliver. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah," Oliver answered. "The nightclub will conceal the base underneath and provide an alibi for where Oliver Queen and Jillian Wright spend their nights."

I nodded. "Right. Well, while you set up things here, I'm gonna go scope out the crime scene from last night."

I walked out, leaving.

I got the neighborhood where the shooter, Deadshot, must've hidden to kill James Holder the other night. I looked at a bullet in the wall of a building above, knowing that there was no longer, climbing up a window, using a pipe to climb up the wall, spinning around the pipe to land on the window sill of another window, reaching for another pipe, to climb up to the next window above, pulling out a pair of pliers, using them to take the bullet out of the wall, looking it over.

I got back to the lair, looking at the bullet through magnifying goggles, pulling up a model bullet of it on the computer screen to show Oliver. "7.62 millimeter rounds. The money trail leads back to the Bratva. The Russian mob." I sighed. "Finally. Some good luck."

"All right, you check that out," Oliver told me. "Tommy's dragging me to Max Fuller's club."

"All right," I told him sarcastically. "Have fun."

"Hilarious," Oliver told me, walking away, leaving.

I smirked.