6: The Player's First Crush

Start from the beginning

I realized I'm not going back to sleep so I went to the bathroom to freshen up. It's finally friday, I can just hang out with Melenie and forget about my problems. Well I can try to forget about them.

"Good Morning Annabelle," My dad said.

"Good Morning daddy," I replied.

"Have a good sleep?"

"Perfect," I lied.

***

"ANNABELLE." I turned around and Melenie was running towards me.

"Why don't you answer your phone?" She asked angerly.

"Sorry it was off"

"Okay but listen, Linc wants to ask you out," Melenie blurted out.

"What?"

"Linc.Wants.To.Ask.You.Out," She sounded out each syllable.

"He does?" Should I be happy? Maybe he can help me forget about Daniel.

"You're supposed to be happy Belles, he'll help you forget about Daniel, and he's a cutie"

"But Melenie, I still sort of love--"

"I know," She cut me off.

"Mels, are you supposed to be telling me this?"

"No, so when Linc asks you, act surprised" She smiled reassuringly.

"Look who's coming this way" She winked, and walked away.

"Hey Linc" I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. Though, I like Daniel, I always found Linc's hugs comforting.

"Hey Annabelle" He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, but I didn't mind.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good, you?"

"Great." I put on a convincing fake smile. I didn't like to be sad around Linc, he was always a happy person.

"Annabelle, I was wondering if you would like to go out?" He asked scratching the back of his neck. Linc was pretty straight forward and got to the point. I noticed he got tanner, he looked hotter like that.

"Like a date? Or boyfriend girlfriend?"

"I'm going to rephrase that sentence"

"Okay" I chuckled.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend Annabelle?"

I thought about it. Do I want to be his girlfriend? He is so cute and sweet, but I feel bad going out with him while I still like Daniel. But maybe this can help me forget about Daniel.

"Sure Linc" I smiled and held his hand.

"Really?"

"Of course" I hope this will help me forget about Daniel. Maybe I can end up loving Linc. Linc wouldn't betray me.

Annabelle, Daniel didn't betray you. You betrayed him.

I shook all thoughts of Daniel out of my head. I'm Linc's girlfriend. As I walked hand in hand with Linc, I saw Daniel from the corner of my eye, and my heart skipped a beat. This isn't supposed to happen. I'm not going to let him hurt me. I tiptoed and gave Linc a kiss on his cheek. That'll show Daniel. I felt bad because I kissed Linc to get back at Daniel. Daniel probably doesn't care, he'll just shrug it off like he does with everything.

***

"OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ANNABELLE," Melenie skrieched.

"Mels, I'm gonna need my hearing"

"Sorry, but you guys are cute together" She sighed.

"Thanks"

"You are happy right?"

"Of course" I smiled, but this time it wasn't fake. Linc's a really good guy, I should feel lucky he's my boyfriend. Who cares about Daniel?

You do.

No I don't.

Yes you do.

Shut up, what do you know?

Everything you do.

I shook out all thoughts of Daniel, and this time I mean all thoughts. I'm supposed to be forgetting him, not arguing about him.

"Hey babe" Luke kissed Melenie. Melenie held the collar of his shirt and brought his face towards her, she kissed him deeply. I didn't really want to watch it, so I turned around, only to bump into a hard chest and fall back. Smooth, I thought to myself. Whoever I bumped into caught me and pulled me back up.

"Sorry..oh" I looked to see Daniel. How come I always seem to bump into him? Literally. I just registered what he just said. Oh? So when he bumps into me, he doesn't have to say sorry.

"Oh?" I questioned.

"I didn't know it was you, though I should have, you seem to be pretty clumsy"

Say a retort Annabelle. Don't let him talk to you like that.

I didn't say anything. I saw Linc walking towards us, so I ran up to him and lunged at him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Hey" He smiled.

"Hi Linc"

"I see you're excited to see me" He waggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, Linc" I stuck my tongue, but I forgot how close our face were, so I accidently licked him. I expected him to say something like 'ew, gross' but he just chuckled.

"Sorry"

"It's okay Annabelle" He kissed my cheek. I got off him and held his hands.

Authors Note: Isn't Linc a cutie? Yes he is. Sorry there wasn't a lot of Daniel, but sometimes we need to take a break from him! Well I hope you liked this chapter!

I actually felt so sad writing the first part of this chapter, but I had to, not everyones life is perfect right?

Team Linc? OR Team Daniel?

I realized how long my authors note's are, so I tried to keep this on short. I like them long thought, what do you guys think?

Comment.Vote.Fan!