Boarding

The ship is appealing if youre into that sort of thing. Many see it as a grand treasure. I see it as a one way ticket for America. I dont want to leave Italy, but mother and father are forcing me. My fiancé, whom has a bad temper, sided with them.

Mother said "Don't worry dear! You can come back here for your honey moon with Scott!"

She never fully understood exactly why I loved being here in Italy. The towns are so pleasant, and the folks here are always friendly. The small fiestas they hold are a blast when you need to relax.

But being the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Latimer, I've been forced to abandon that free life, and be proper. After month after endless month, I was completely transformed into what I am now, a spoiled princess if you will.

"We are here Madame," our butler informs us.

"Please Ed, call me Savannah. I've told you this before," I say, rising from my seat.

Scott opens the door and offers me his hand. I take his hand and step out into the sunlight. My corset pinches my stomach and my many layers are making me boil.

I look up at the ship "I don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauretania,"

"You can be blasé about some things, Savannah, but not about Titanic. Its over a hundred feet longer than Mauretania, and far more luxurious. It has squash courts, a Parisian cafe.. even Turkish baths," Scott boasts, walking along side me towards the ship.

Behind us, my mother steps out of the touring car; Scott offers his hand to her. He is such a gentleman.

"Your daughter is much too hard to impress, Michelle," I over hear Scott say.

Mother steps next to me "So this is the ship they say is unsinkable," She gazes up at the long boat.

Scott adds "It is unsinkable. God himself couldn't sink this ship,"

A porter places his hand on Scott's shoulder "Sir, you'll have to check your baggage through the main terminal, round that way-"

I glance over my shoulder and catch Scott slipping the man a five "I put my faith in you, good sir," He motions to Lovejoy "See my man,"

The porter nods "Yes sir, my pleasure sir," Scott always uses his money to get what he wants.

He returns to my side, checking his pocket watch "We'd better hurry. This way ladies,"

Scott herds us to the first class entrance. A steerage swine bumps into him "Steady,"

"Sorry squire!" The man shouts over his shoulder, running after his children.

Scott huffs "Steerage swine, apparently missed his annual bath,"

Mother cuts in "Honestly Scott, if you weren't forever booking everything at the last instant, we could have gone through the terminal instead of running along the dock like some squalid immigrant family,"

"All apart of my charm Michelle. At any rate, it was my darling fiancé's beauty rituals which made us late," Scott glares at me.

"You told me to change,"

"I couldn't let you wear black on sailing day, sweetpea. Its bad luck,"

"I felt like black," I mumble.

Scott hears me "Here, I've pulled every string I could to book us on the grandest ship in history.. in her luxurious suites.. and you act as if you're going to your execution,"