Bonus Chapter - Valentine's Day Special

Comenzar desde el principio

"I didn't know Karma could be so cute..." Ristu mutters, grinning.

"Shut up," says the boy in question, overhearing her.

"GET BACK HERE, MURAMATSU!" Muramatsu runs into the classroom, hitting many of the desks as he goes. Terasaka runs in after him, and he manages to slam into your desk hard enough to send the box flying.

Karma stands up quickly to retrieve it, but just as he does, you enter the class.

Not wanting you to see him with the box, Karma sends it one last look of hopelessness before forcing himself back into his seat.

You sit down, not seeing the box. Nagisa comes in not long after you. He approaches his desk, one close to yours, but he sees the box. It fell right next to his desk. Picking it up, he sees the "K," and immediately makes the wrong assumption.

He glances at Kaede, his face turning red. Karma, upon seeing his reaction, facepalms. Shit's already hitting the fan, and it's not even nine in the morning. You glance up and see Nagisa's embarrassed face.

"Um, Nagisa? You okay there?"

He blinks, snapping back to reality. "Yep! I'm fine! Totally." It's all Karma can do to keep himself from grabbing Nagisa and dragging him away by the arm to explain the situation.

Instead, that's what happens to him.

Nagisa drags him into the hall. "Karma, I think Kaede likes me," he says, unsure of how to feel. He looks at the box in his hands.

"Dammit, Nagisa," Karma grumbles. He explains what happened and how the candies ended up in Nagisa's hands. Though he doesn't like talking about having a potential romantic interest in someone, Karma's able to explain to Nagisa that they were intended for you.

"Oh. Now I feel stupid." Nagisa rubs the back of his head, holding the box out to his friend. "Sorry about that."

Karma sighs. "Don't be. It's not your fault."

"So? Are you going to give them to her?" the shota asks.

"If I was going to just walk up and give them to her, I would have done that in the first place." Karma looks at the box of candy. "What stupidity, being stumped by a small box. I guess I'll set it back on her desk while she's out for lunch."

Karma turns around when he feels someone tap on his shoulder. Maehara waves to him.

"I overheard your little problem. I think I can help."

Maehara's plan is to give him the candies to put on the desk while Karma distracts you, so that you won't suspect it until you see the box. One can always count on Maehara to help you pick up girls.

Lunch time rolls around, and Karma instantly appears in front of your desk. "I'm going out for a walk," he says. "Care to come with?" You give him a look that shows you're wary of his motives, but you comply and stand up.

Jeez, Karma, Nagisa thinks. If you're gonna ask her to take a walk with you, you might as well just ask her out. He decides to follow them from a distance, just so see how it goes. As he leaves after you and Karma, who were leaving after Okuda, he shoots Maehara a thumbs-up, and Maehara returns the gesture.

Unfortunately for Karma, Maehara isn't as clear on the plan as he had hoped.

Having misunderstood who Karma has his eye on, he puts the box on Okuda's desk, thinking that she was the girl Karma has his eye on. Proud of himself and his ability to "help" his friends, Maehara heads outside to eat lunch.

After a walk that consisted mostly of silence, you and Karma return to the classroom, to see Okuda holding up the red box. She reads the "K," then looks at Karma, her face turning the color of the box's wrapping paper.

Things are getting worse, and Karma's running out of time. "Well, shit," Karma mutters.

He grabs Okuda by the wrist and drags her to the corner of the room, only causing her face to turn a deeper crimson. Before she can say anything, he says coldly, "Those weren't meant for you."

Okuda stares at him blankly for a moment. Her face begins to turn back to its normal color. "I-I see. Yes, they're for (Y/N), aren't they? No surprise there, really...." She looks down, feeling dejected.

Karma actually starts to feel a bit guilty. "Er... sorry...."

"No, it's alright." Okuda hands him the box. "At least try to make one girl happy today." Karma smiles apologetically, takes the box, and looks around.

He sees you talking to Kaede on the other side of the room, nowhere near your desk. "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." Taking confident strides, he places the box on your desk, the retreats to his own. Class begins again, and Karma tries to keep the nervousness from overtaking him as you walk back to your desk and see the box. He watches as you carefully study it, and then set it back down.

There's no time between classes to talk, so Karma waits impatiently for the end of the day to come. Not wanting to face you in front of so many people, he waits for you outside the classroom. The other students file out, and you're the last one in the classroom.

Karma watches as you take the box and your bags. But instead of leaving the classroom, you walk up to Koro-sensei.

"I'm sorry," you say, holding the box out to your teacher. "I can't accept these."

Karma's jaw drops. Koro-sensei strains to hold in his laughter.

You totally misunderstood who "K" was.

Not allowing Koro-sensei to respond, you quickly leave. Passing Karma, you wave to him. "See you tomorrow!" Karma waves back somberly, and walks back into the classroom.

He sits on one of the desks, buries his face in his hands, and says, "I'm such a screw up."

"If I may offer my advice," Koro-sensei says, "maybe you should try being more forward with this. Give her the candies yourself. You can still catch up to her, you know."

Karma looks wearily back up at Koro-sensei. He hates it when someone else is right.

You yawn as you head home, thinking about seeing Tsukki and having him purr while he slept on you.

"(Y/N)!"

You slow to a stop and turn to see Karma running after you. "Something wrong, Karma?"

He catches his breath as he comes to a halt in front of you. "Those candies..." he pants, "weren't from Koro-sensei." You raise a brow. "They... they were from me."

Your eyes widen. "Wait," you say. Karma looks at you, worried about what you're about to say. "Today's Valentine's Day?"

Karma stares at you quietly for a moment. Then, he breaks into hysterical laughter. "You didn't realize?"

"Um... no?" You feel a tad embarrassed. It's not like you've ever worried about Valentine's Day before.

"Well, then, (Y/N)," Karma says, taking your hand and putting the box of chocolates in it. "Will you be my valentine?"

Bringing the chocolates up to your chest, you smile. "Of course, Karma. You should have asked sooner."

Taking your hand, Karma leads you home, keeping you close to him. "Happy Valentine's Day, (Y/N)."

"Happy Valentine's Day, idiot."

A/N: Aaaand that's two days down. This is hard.

How was it? Was the ending too rushed? It's almost 2 AM, but you guys should know by now that I don't write during the day light hours. I'm like a vampire. But with dull teeth.

Remember, this chapter doesn't happen in the story. It's just for Valentine's Day.

So, with that, happy Valentine's Day. Shower me with votes to show you love me.

Love,

Hatsu

Binge writing progress: 2/9