Chapter 13 ~ Danger, Plans Revealed

Start from the beginning

      The cloaked man turned and looked at me, his eyebrow furrowed, "It's a spell. A powerful one at that. Somebody wants to hurt her... Or you." My eyes widened. "I'm shocked you didn't sense the powerful magic power. I can sense it. And it's getting closer. I can-"

     "Say no more." My blood was boiling within my soul. Somebody hurting Lucy to get to me? We'll see who ends up hurt here. 

     "Natsu, you can't do anything! The belt! You'll be suspended!" he yelled at me, but I kept walking to the door, following the pressure I felt so strongly now that Lucy was taken care of. 

     I reached the door, and started to turn the doorknob, when Gildarts words reached me. If I continued on this path, I'd have to leave everyone behind. Breaking my promise to myself to never leave any of my family behind. I let go of the doorknob and stepped back. "Stay with her. I'll go find whoever it is and beat them to a pulp!" he tried to cheer me up. It didn't work. 

     Nonetheless, he left, leaving me alone with my thoughts and an unconscious Luce. I sat down on the floor in front of the couch and just stared at her. Just three weeks had passed since she had returned, yet it felt like years. She made me... happy, again. I felt like there was joy in my life since she came back. Something to live for. All those years, waiting for someone, anyone to come back and show me I didn't repel all the people I loved, and finally she returns, just as happy and free as ever. Even though she had baggage she didn't let it bother her. It hurt, it had to. I can't imagine ever being beat by Igneel or Gildarts for no reason. But it never phased her. Was she always this strong? 

     And beautiful?

     No. Stop. Natsu, dammit, what's wrong with you today? I sighed, and leaned back against the couch, suddenly tired. Before I drifted off, I heard her whisper "Natsu... Magic... Forever... Don't leave me..." 

     I smiled, "Never, Luce."

Lucy POV

     I could never resist that smile, "I guess we did. I just don't- Oh shit!" A searing pain ripped through my skull, if I hadn't been holding my head and breathing, I would of thought it had split in two. I vaguely felt myself fall to the ground, still clutching my head. Words were coming out of my mouth, I didn't know what they were, but they were coming out as some cry of help. I could feel the black of unconsciousness seeping over my eyelids and brain. 

     Suddenly, I was in a dark room, surrounded by nothing but four walls and a small window. Moonlight crept into the cell, dimly lighting up the contents of the room which was simply a table, two chairs, and a door what I assumed was the outside world. Was I dreaming?

     The door creaked open and a tall elderly man walked in. He had a white beard and white hair. He reminded me of a taller, more sophisticated Makarov, except for the evil glint in his eyes. Adrenaline began to pulse in my blood. "Who are you?" I spat, hoping I sounded fiercer than I felt. 

     "That's unimportant my dear. What's important right now is your relationship with that dragon slayer. Tell me, are you two friends?" he spoke with a smooth, deep tone. It was enticing and convincing, although I still didn't trust him.

     "Why should I tell you? After all, your not real. This whole scene is fake because I was with the "dragon slayer" and now I'm not. So where am I, and who are you?" strength was finally taking my body back over. 

     The man's eyes narrowed as he stared me down. "You will listen to me otherwise the dragon slayer and his... father. Will be hurt severely, along with you, my dear. But I'll hurt you first, so that pink haired bastard can watch as you scream in pain and wither into nothing but an empty shell. Are we clear?"

     I hoped he couldn't see the shiver he had just sent down my spine. His cold words and eyes were cutting me in two, ripping me into shreds. I just nodded slowly while he grinned. 

     "Now I'll ask again: What is your relationship with Natsu Dragneel?" he spit at me. My stubborn side was begging me not to answer. What could this old man do to Natsu? Something else in me, though, was screaming at me to tell him anything he wanted. Even though I couldn't see or hear the outside world, I could feel something was very off. Something was going on out there and I couldn't do a thing about it in here. 

     "Me and Natsu are friends. We were friends for a while then I moved. We're just friends." I think. The man glared at me for what seemed like hours, then finally turned away and started walking towards the door. 

     What happened after that, is beyond my explanation. 

     I was just about to go off and start demanding answers to my questions when Natsu's voice started ringing throughout the small cell. "Luce! Lucy, c'mon wake up! Don't leave me... Don't leave me again."

     I lost it. "What the hell is going on out there?" I was screaming so loud my voice cracked in the middle of that sentence. Never in my life had I heard Natsu in that much fear and pain. 

     The man turned and grinned at me, "Right now, you're in a deep sleep, and it's getting deeper wtih every second. Don't worry, you'll wake up just fine. But I put a spell on you, to get Natsu to shut up long enough for us to talk to him. However, as the spell wears on, your heart rate and breathing begins to slow, as if you really were going into a very long slumber or dying. Clearly he thinks the latter. But while we're waiting, I'm sure you're curious why we want him."

     It was a trap. I knew it. "Of course I am." Damn mouth. Can you stay shut and listen to me for once?

     He chuckled darkly. "Well, Miss Lucy, you see, we have this plan, if you will. A plan to double, even triple, the amount of magic power in the world. Unfortunately, it's at the expense of other lives. The dragon slayers, being one of them."

     Visible shock was plastered onto my face. "Wh-What do you want with them?"

     "While our bodies produce magic power, it's not enough for everyone, and especially not at the rate people are trying to make it appear at. And the government and military is becoming increasingly interested in magic powered weapons. All of these things require a supply of magic power. A strong one at that. No ordinary wizard will do. We need reservoirs of power. Slayers. Dragon slayers, God slayers, demon slayers; all of these creatures give off loads of power," he was screaming at this point, his hands in the air shaking madly, "and we can use it all to take over countries and defeat armies! Fiore will be the most feared nation in the world!" He was laughing like a maniac, but I couldn't hear him. My head was elsewhere. 

     My thoughts were running wild but I had to get my point across to him. I summoned all the power I had left, but I was running thin. That spell was doing a number on my unconscious being as well apparently. I gathered my scattered thoughts and reached across the boundaries of my brain to the outside world. Under my breath I mumbled, "Natsu, they want you're magic. All of it. Forever. Oh, Natsu... Don't leave me..." I was in hysterics and I could feel the dark starting to creep it's long, slimy tentacles over me again. 

     Natsu's voice barely reached me before I blacked out. 

     "Never, Luce."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! I appreciate all of the views!

*I don't own Fairy Tail

~MelodyElaine