43.

It's today.
The day I go into chemotherapy.
The day I could possibly lose my hair.
The day chemicals are entered into my skin.
It's next week.
The week I'm going into surgery.
The week I could lose my memory.
The week I could forget Max.
The week I forget my love for him.
The week I forget all the memories.
The week I ask for my dad. Forgetting what he did.
The week I forget all my friends.
The week I forget everyone except for my family.
I catch a glimpse of Max as I'm wheeled down the hallway. His face showing fear. Stronger than before.
I can't forget him.. I can't. I love him way too much to forget him.

-

I sit in my hospital room, staring blankly at a wall until I see Max walk in.
A smile spreads across my face when I see him.
"Hey," I whisper, smiling.
"Hey," he whispers back. "Your family is on their way. Your mom and brother. They're on a plane ride here." Max says softly.
I nod and look down at my hands. They're shaking slightly. "Max I.. I'm going into surgery in a couple of days.. I.. I can't forget you." I whisper.
"Hey," he says and takes my head in his hands, running his thumb over my cheek multiple times.
I sigh. His touch calms me in a way. His hands are extremely gentle, although he looks like he's not a very gentle person.
"Max can uh.. Can you go get the others?" I whisper.
He looks at me for a few seconds but nods and smiles then gets up and leaves.
I stare at the wall again and begin to fidget a bit.
They're my best friends.
I can't forget Skylar, Hazel, Angie, Jax, Aaron, Ryley, Ryan, or any of the guys at the office.
I need to remember them.
I'll try my best to remember them.
I look at the door as Max, Adam, Alesa, Ross, Barney, Tim, Red and Cory walk in.
"Hey," I whisper, smiling.
"Heys," Barney is the first to reply, smiling.
"Hey, Cass.." Adam says as he walks up to me.
"Hey," I say and hug him for a brief few seconds.
Eventually, I feel another pair of arms around my shoulders. This time Cory.
Next Ross,
Then Barney,
Alesa,
Red,
And Tim.
"Guys.. If I lose my memory.. And completely forget you.. I'll try my best to remember you. I never will give up. Not until I remember. Nobody would want to loss as great of friends as I have now.." I whisper and smile.
"Nobody."

-

Today.
It's happening today.
The surgery.
The possible memory loss.
Max, Adam and Alesa are sitting in the hospital room with me.
My heart monitor faulting a few times, telling me and everyone else in the room that I'm worried.
Max puts one of his hands in mine and gives it a little squeeze.
I look at him and smile then give him a gentle squeeze back.
I remember. When I woke up from my coma. I felt him squeeze my hand. And I squeezed back.
I smile, remembering the time I woke up.
A nurse walks in and my eyes flick up to the door.
I look at him and blink then look at Max, worry filling my eyes.
"You'll be fine," he says and gets up then leaves.
"See ya, Cass." Alesa says, smiling then leaves with Adam.
Moments later, I'm wheeled out of the room and into another where different needles are attached to me, two clips on my fingers, a breathing mask placed on my face, IV's injected into me and soon, I'm numb, and everything is black.

---

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm going to try and make the next one longer.
But the next chapter is the last chapter. I'm gonna try and finish this book tonight, and the sequel is gonna come out on Wednesday :D
If you love this book. And know some people who love Mithzan or the people who work at the offices, share it with them. I'd love to get this book to 10k :D