22.

I was surprised to find out Adam got me something for Christmas too.
I remember opening it and pulling out the little white stuffed bear. My smile grew so huge, aside from the fact that I was crying only moments before I opened it.
And Max, of course being Max, gave me a little bracelet with the letters M and C engraved on it.
I look down at it as Max drives down the street and twist it around my wrist multiple times then look out my window and smile.
"I'm so happy we met each other again," I say as we approach the apartment complex.
"So am I, you know, I went to ihop that day, because I remembered that's where you'd make me take you almost every week."
I laugh and run a hand through my hair then smile. "I remember. I started making you take me because I knew you got your permit,"
He laughs. "Yeah. Hey, since you're going back to school in a few weeks, you want me to drive you to and from?" He asks.
"Sure, thanks." I say and smile.
"Yeah, hey you wanna stay at my apartment for a bit?" Max asks, glancing at me as he pulls into the apartment complex parking lot.
"Sure," I say and wait for Max to park before I get out and start walking inside, the soft crunch of snow under my feet satisfying me.
I feel something hit the back of my head and I jump then quickly turn around.
"Really?" I laugh, shaking the snow out of my hair.
"Yeah," Max laughs.
I pick up some snow and make it into a ball then throw it at Max while he's walking inside.
"Cass!" He shouts and I laugh then run inside where I know he can't bring snow.
I run up to the elevator and press the up button then turn around to see Max walking in.
"No thanks!" I laugh and back into the elevator when the doors open.
Max walks into the elevator and presses the third floor button and the elevator starts going up.
I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and quickly pull it out then answer it.
"Hey, mom what's up?" I ask, holding the phone up to my ear.
"Hey, Cass, can you come home? I need to tell you something,"
"Uh, yeah. I'm on my way up now." I say, smiling.
"Okay, see you soon." She replies and hangs up.
"Sorry, Max, I'm gonna have to hang out with you another time, my mom needs to tell me something," I say and look up at him.
"Okay, tomorrow maybe?" He asks.
"I should be available tomorrow," I say, smiling.
"Cool, he says and the doors open.
"See you later, Cass." Max says then turns and leaves.
I walk into my apartment and find her in the living room.
"Hey, mom. What is it you want to talk to me about?" I ask, walking to the couch and sitting down.
"Cass, I got offered a job in Los Angeles," she starts. "And we need to move down there." She says, smiling.
"We- but- mom!" I shout. "We just moved here a month ago! A month!" I shout and get up then back up, going around the couch.
"Cass, I know it seems like a bad thing but-"
"Mom, you have no idea! I finally found the one thing I'm extremely passionate about.. I've fallen in love! I can't move!" I say and feel tears spring to my eyes.
"Cass, you can move back here when you're 18, but not right now, you're too young to live on your own." My mom says, watching me.
"Mom.. You don't understand. I work at the sky media offices and.. I fell in love with my best friend. I just got him back and.. And I'm going to lose him again," I feel tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
"Oh sweetie-"
"No, mom," I say and walk out of the room and swing the door open after grabbing the keys.
"Where are you going?" She calls as I walk out of the apartment.
"I'm going out for a while," I snap and walk into the elevator.
I quickly press the first floor button and feel tears start to pour out of my eyes.
When the elevator finally reaches the first floor I walk out and see Max looking through his mail.
I stop and just stare at him for a few seconds. I just got him back..
"Hey, Cass- are you alright?" He asks and walks up to me.
I blink a couple of times and shake my head then quickly walk around him and go to my moms car, quickly unlock the car.
"Cass!" Max shouts.
I look over my shoulder as I get into the car and start it then quickly speed out of the parking space, going 60mph down the street, swerving around cars as I speed up.
I notice a car driving behind me the whole time, but I ignore it. Tears flow heavily down my face and soon I'm somewhere where there's no cars.
I hear my phone go off and I glance down at it. Max.
I take a shaky breath and silence it then look back at the road I'm racing down, the car from earlier still behind me.
I just got him back.
I'm going to lose him again.
I love him.
I can't lose him.
He's my best friend..
My boyfriend..
The guy I want a future with.
I close my eyes for a few seconds and when I open them, a tree comes up in front of the car, too fast for me to react and I swear, my life flashes before my eyes before the car comes in contact with the tree.
Max's laugh..
His smile..
His eyes..
The way he looks at me,
The way he affects my mood,
How he always finds a way to make me smile,
When we met,
Before we met..
"Go kill yourself, loser."
"Hey! Leave her alone!"
When I thought I'd lost him..
Now I may have really lost him.

Max

I see the car speed up to the tree, and she hasn't reacted.
The car comes in contact with the tree and I skid to a stop.
It takes a few seconds for me to realize what had just happened.
I hear my heartbeat in my ears and I swing my door open then get out and walk up to the car.
Cass' head is turned one way, away from the door, her neck is bleeding, blood is coming out of her mouth.
Oh god.. No this can't be happening.. Please don't let this be happening.