CH. 18 What the hell?

Start from the beginning

“Do you think this is all a joke?” She asked quite pissed off to my friends with her accent going crazy.

River coughed and then decided to answer for the others, probably in the intent to seduce her with his charm and avoid my best mate to scare her off. Believe me or not, it always worked. I think she had a soft spot for my friend and obviously the smartass would use it to his advantage.

“Miss Arroyo I believe my friends did not intend to burst out laughing because they found your extremely interesting lesson a joke. We do all enjoy your classes very much.” He smiled at her in his usual way and damn it, our teacher blushed and for a moment was at a loss of words.

Good call, mate. I grinned at him and he quickly eyed me as to say shut-up and behave and so I tried to smile at our teacher in the same way, but from her look I might have seemed like a moronic dofus. Derek, Danny and Hayden quickly apologized and thanks to River we all were fine and soon she forgot about us; then I realized I didn’t get to know how to say “kitty” in Spanish.

“I believe it’s gato, but that works for cat, so maybe you could use gatito or minino.” I whipped my head at my friend and stared at him probably looking like a moron. The man here read minds, now I had the proof of it. He rolled his blue eyes and snorted. “I don’t read minds, blockhead, you looked like about to solve the math quest of the year, so I guessed you really were thinking about that.”

“Err..you’re scaring, know that mate?” I asked him and Hayden coughed to suppress another fit of laugh.

“I think it is more correct to say that you are obvious.” He teased smirking in his usual way and I saw Sasha smiling and shaking his head.

“Guess in a way you’re right.” I shrugged and thought he was right. River winked and turned his attention to the lesson; well, his apparent attention, because I knew he was actually exchanging messages with someone on the phone, probably his last conquest, whose name nobody knew, well maybe Sasha knew it. But obviously no teacher ever caught him red-handed, because he was a real smartass. The same deal was for Derek, who now spent half of the time texting that crazy chick, Shenice. Ha, our plan worked perfectly and those two just hit it off.

As for me, I wasn’t very good at concealing what was on my mind and even worse about filtering that. Scratch that, I was hopeless when it came to filter stuff. Oh well, whatever, who gave a damn about it; my kitty didn’t mind it and actually said he liked it. Hmm…I wanted to see Jasper and had still to wait another two hours. Oh man, two hours and one of them was stupid biology. Argh, now really couldn’t wait to hug and be with my monkey.

“Dude, pay attention or not even our River’s powerful charm will save your butt from a note.” Derek whispered to me from behind.

“Man, you are another scaring bastard.” I murmured back and he silently sniggered.

During the other hours I tried my best to pay attention and even forced myself to take notes; good God, you have no idea what that meant to me and the effort it cost, but hey, Jas was proud of me and my parents told me being with Jasper was doing me good, because apparently my grades were better. Alright, slightly better. But hey, it was true that being with my kitty was doing me great and I felt like I never felt before. Complete and settled. Man, to think until few months ago I couldn’t even formulate the idea of having a serious relationship and now? Now I felt settled and I could see myself in the future with Jasper, living together, building a house for us, having a family with him.

Wow, this sounded sort of crazy, but it was just how I felt. Right.

Right.

I smacked my forehead and shook my head. Of course it was how I felt, I was lost for Jasper, I mean, I think I was in love with him. I scratched behind my ear and then nape of my neck, thinking about it, but wasn’t so easy to think and rationalize feelings, given I never ever felt anything like this, not even remotely close. Was I in love with Jasper? I think I was, but how could I make sure of that? Better talk to Sasha, in the hope he won’t mind that, but screw it; he was in love with his man and now clearly and bluntly admit it.