Valentine's Day Special

Start from the beginning

"Actually, it's about ten minutes after you told me to be here. What happened here?"

"He tried making you dinner." Kaoru said after he calmed his laughter some, hopping off the stool.

"Kaoru! Traitor!" Hikaru yelled, turning on his brother. Kaoru just lifted his hands and turned around, leaving the kitchen through the back exit.

I chuckled and dusted some flour off Hikaru's cheek.

"So you tried cooking, huh? What were you making?"

He looked down and sighed. "Spaghetti... It was going good for a while until I left to go get dressed..."

"Then you forgot about it and it burnt, the water evaporating from the pot?"

"Yeah..."

I chuckled and was about to kiss his cheek then stopped and took his hand, leading him to a bathroom instead.

"Let's go get you cleaned up then we can just order pizza."

"You're not mad at me...?" He asked almost shyly.

I shook my head and smiled back at him. "No. You tried your best, and it's the thought that counts. Besides, everyone forgets about spaghetti once in a while and burns it." I purposely left out the part about him catching the spaghetti on fire...

I brought him into the bathroom and wet a small towel, starting to wash his face and hair to the best of my abilities. After I sent him to his room to change, I told a maid to call in a pizza then went to wait in the sitting room again.

After me and Hikaru had eaten the pizza, I could tell he was hiding something from me; he was nervously shaking his leg and smiling.

"Hikaru, what are you hiding from me?" I asked. He jumped and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"You're not telling me something, I wanna know what it is."

He stared at me for a second longer before nodding to one of the maids in the corner. I looked at her then to Hikaru, wondering what they had planned.

Five minutes later the maid came back in carrying a large plate with a silver lid over it and placed it in the middle of our table. I stared at it curiously, waiting for her to take the lid off so I could see what was underneath.

I was amazed when she did just that, and I saw the beautiful cake. It had white icing with fancy designs and strawberries around the bottom. On the top, in amazing katakana, was written 'Happy Valentine's Day' in pink icing, with 'Hikaru and Kate' in blue icing. Red icing hearts were also littering the cake as well.

I covered my mouth and stared in shock at the beautiful creation in front of me, barely registering the chuckle Hikaru let out.

"I take it you like my cake?"

My eyes shot up to him. "You made this?"

"Baking a cake turned out to be easy. And decorating it is almost just like drawing out the designs for clothes."

"This was easy for you...? You baked this from scratch and it was easy?"

"Yeah. Is something wrong?"

I smiled to myself and leaned over the table to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you, Hikaru. This is the best Valentine's Day ever."

He blushed but smiled as well. "Happy Valentine's Day, Kate."

Shaya

Shae's P.O.V.