04.5 i guess so

chapter 4.5: "i guess so"

Song: Over and Over Again by Nathan Sykes

"Bernadette."

Opening her eyes, she saw Eric walking towards her

Opening her eyes, she saw Eric walking towards her. His eyes filled with something she could not decipher.

Was it fear? Determination?

She did not know.

Eric was a hard man to read. She thought of him as harsh and cold to everyone since she met him in their Initiation days.

"Eric."

As she said his name, Eric was in front of her, breathing heavily as though he ran a marathon.

"Bernadette. I jist had to tell you now. If it's not now, I may regret it for the rest of my life."

"Well, what is it?"
Bernadette raised both her eyebrows and looked straight into his eyes.

"I-I love you."

"W-what?"
Bernadettd stuttered out, thinking it was a dream; a nightmare even.

Eric looked as he was about to faint, a thin layer of sweat covering his face.

"I said, I love you. It may mot seem like I do, but I really really like you. So, will you go out with me?"

Bernadette looked at him, eyes wide with her mouth hanging open, clearly not expecting that from the bulky leader of Dauntless. But she quickly closed her mouth and started to stutter out her answer, Eric looking nervous as many people looked at them.

"Um, I-I-I guess so. If that's what you really want."

Eric looked suddenly relieved she hadn't turned him down, a big grin plastered to his face.

"This-this is the best day ever. Are you free tomorrow, 6:00 in the evening?"

Bernadette looked at him with a spark in her eyes. "Um, yeah, I don't have plans for tomorrow."

"Okay, well, I'll see you around then, yeah?"

"I'll see you around."

"Bye Det."

"Bye Eric."