Chapter Eleven.

I sat on the bench next to Thomas watching everything else that was going on, the 200 meter race started soon.

"Do you think we should do a relay team again this year?" I asked Thomas thinking about the relay.

"Who would join us?" Thomas said as he glanced over to me.

"I know someone who would join, we just need to find one more person" I smiled at him.

"Is it that Jason guy that you know" Thomas looked all sarcastic and jealous.

"Jealous are you?" I chuckled.

Thomas didn't say anything he just looked at me raising an eye brow.

"You're jealous" I choked.

"No I'm not, I just don't like him" He said making up excuses.

"Yeah yeah" I joked, he just giggled.

"It will be your turn coming up next, are you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to go over there and start some stretches" He got up and walked over to his starting block, I watched as he started stretching his arms and legs.

The coach came and sat next to me, we both sat down and watched Thomas getting ready for his race.

"I noticed you wore your sunglasses, there was no sunshine" Jim noticed. "What happened?"

"I noticed one of the girls carrying powder in her hand, I only did what I had to do" I explained.

"Be careful on the next round, she could do something worse" Jim warned.

"I know and I am prepared for what will come" I smiled at him trying to put his mind at ease. "I will win"

Jim nodded with a grin.

"That's the spirit"

"All those in the male 100 meter sprint, please get ready" The announcement called once again.

The coach and I sat watching Thomas getting ready into his block start, he glanced around looking at he other racers – some of them looked pretty mean.

Everyone was ready to start and the go boy was standing to the side, he put the gun into the air.

"Ready" He shouted.

"Set" All the guys lifted there bottoms up.

BANG

That was the start, all the boys took off, Thomas' kick start was pretty good – he was in fourth place at the moment.

He started straightening up his posture lifting his knees as high as they can go, he started to over take third and second but couldn't reach first.

"COME ON THOMAS" I shouted cheering him on.

They crossed the finish line, he came second.

I jumped up from the bench and made my over to him, I handed him a bottle of water I had been carrying around with me.

"Well done" I praised.

"Cheers" He took the bottle of water and took a swig from it.

"Back wash it, you are so dead" I warned.

Thomas chuckled and took another swig, I saw him look at me from the corner of his eye. I saw him putting his tongue into the bottle top, he took another gulp and then back washed my water.

"You scum" I punched his arm.

Thomas was laughing loudly, I punched him again in the arm.

"You are disgusting" I frowned at him.