Chapter 3 - Truth Or Dare

Start from the beginning

James Potter

Head Boy

Quidditch Captain and Chaser

Top Student in Transfiguration and Herbology

James grinned broadly when he saw it, and inched towards it to take a closer look at the craftsmanship of his door. On the exact opposite side of the circular room was another doorway that was almost identical to James's door. However, it read the following:

Lily Evans

Head Girl

Top Student in Charms, Muggle Studies, Arithmancy,

Potions, and Defense Against the Dark Arts

Former Prefect

Top of Class in 1973

Lily beamed with pride at her little plaque, and loved the livid look on James's face when he read hers. Directly in front of her, there was a small maroon couch with a white squashy chair on each side of it, and a crackling fireplace with several empty picture frames on the mantle. She looked up and gasped. Above her was white marble dome with paintings of maroon and gold lions etched onto it, down from which hung a silver chandelier. She felt as if she were about to cry. Lily quickly exchanged a look with James and flung her door open. She hurried up the squeaky marble staircase and came to a halt. Her room was a soft blue color, and her bed was the biggest she had ever seen. Lily's bed was dark blue, with little white pillows at the head of it. She had a small ocean blue rug on both sides of her bed, and on her left, she had several white drawers to put her clothes in. Right next to her bed was a bedside table with a small silver bell in a glass case, a vase of lilies, and a dark blue lamp. On the other side was a prodigious window, overlooking the black lake and the rolling mountains behind it. A good-sized desk faced it, fully equipped with new quills and other school related supplies. A little further to her left was a chair and a little grey kitten curled up in a ball, fast asleep. Lily smiled at her newly bought kitten, which she had named Kiara. Beside it was another doorway, and a little plaque above it read: Bathing Room. Lily squealed and ran up the stairs to a vast room far bigger than both the tiny bathroom she had at home and the one in the Gryffindor common room. An Olympic-sized white marble bathtub was in the middle of it, and a huge bay window overlooked the forest and grasslands of Hogwarts. Right in the middle of the bathtub was an elegant fountain. Three steps up, on the other side of the bathtub, there were two nice marble showers, and sinks with colossal mirrors. The wall next to it had two shelves fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, makeup, hair necessities, shaving utensils, and maroon towels.

James walked in shortly after and marveled at the wonderful bathroom. He showed Lily his room, which was very similar, but all maroon, and draped with Quidditch banners, and had a broom closet.

"This is awesome! Evans, we practically own this place. We can do whatever we want here!" James exclaimed, unexpectedly hugging Lily and swooping her up into the air.

After he let her down, she patted down her shirt and hair that were all ruffled and mussed. She threw him an offended look and said, "Potter, this is a place for strictly business, nothing else. And don't pick me up into the air like that ever again."

"No! This is a place for fun, adventure, and... yeah, I guess, business." James gave her a challenging look.

Lily rolled her eyes. She crossed her arms again and said, "Anyway, we'd better get some rest. We have a big day tomorrow, and I want to be ready for it."

She turned around, headed towards the sink, and brushed her teeth. She removed her lip gloss, and headed for her room to get dressed. She looked over her shoulder to see James staring straight at her with wide eyes, completely frozen in place.