Chapter 1 - All Over Again

CHAPTER 1 ALL OVER AGAIN

Lily Evans walked casually about her room, picking up her favorite books and photo and packing them into her school trunk. Her vibrant, long, wavy red hair ran down to her elbows, swishing besides her wherever she went. Her green eyes showed the excitement and relief she had of leaving her house to go to her real home, Hogwarts. She was tired of her sister's whining. All of the commotion of wedding plans was over bearing. The squabbles between Petunia and her were never ending. Never before had she felt the urge to just jump out a window to have all of these worries lifted off her shoulders. She closed her trunk with a loud bang and dragged it to her door, all packed for tomorrow morning. She couldn't wait to see her friends again; she had missed then so much over the summer, and she especially couldn't wait for an opportunity to give that wretched Potter a detention once he asked her out again. At this thought, she walked to her bedside table, opened a worn letter, and pulled out a scarlet badge with two glistening letters stitched into it: HG. She beamed with happiness as she tucked it away again, and plopped back down onto her bed. Lily hastily got her pajamas on and grabbed Romeo and Juliet, her favorite muggle book. How she wished someone could just sweep her off her feet, and carry her off into the sunset to live happily ever after. Of course, it would never happen. Not with these horrible times. Across every newspaper headline in bold black letters was a family's name, and the next dreaded words: Killed by You-Know-Who. She shook her head, as if it would get her mind off such terrible thoughts.

At that moment, something pecked at her bedside window. She turned around to see an owl waiting for her to open the window. She unhooked her window latch with a click and aided the fluttering owl inside. Lily fed it some food before un-attaching the letter wrapped around his foot. She looked at it curiously and muttered to herself, "What have we got her?"

Lily Evan was scrawled upon the front of the small letter in big bold, black letters. Following her name was a little heart and Lily smiled to herself.

I can't believe it. Someone actually has a crush on me! I wonder who it is...

She quickly opened the letter, and her smile was slapped off her face as she read the short message.

Evans,

I hope you had a decent summer without me. I know you're just dying to see me on the train tomorrow, and I can't wait to give you my special little "surprise." Padfoot and Moony send you their best. See you at Hogwarts.

Yours Forever,

James

Lily set the letter down on her lap and stared off into space, deep in thought. She threw the letter aside quickly and grabbed a small red book from her pillow.

Dear Journal,

What is James' little "surprise?" merlin's beard, I hope it's not one of his stupid pranks to gain my attention. Ah, never mind. It probably is. I wouldn't be surprised. I just can't wait to show him my head girl badge and give hi, detention for a month for bothering me! Ha! I can see his face now.

On a happier note, I am enthralled with the fact that I am going back to Hogwarts tomorrow, despite the fact that I will have to mingle with potter's lot. Chloe and Ariana will be waiting for me, and I am itching to get out of this prison! Mum is so consumed with the idea that petunia is marrying that revolting, "well-off" boy, Vernon, that she barely said a word to me this summer that wasn't, "Lily, can you help me with the invitations." or "Lily, can you go out with your sister to buy her dress?" I just can't wait to focus on my studies and hang out with people who actually want to talk to me for a change! Of course, to use magic again will be just brilliant. My wand has been getting rather dusty, and I just want to pick it up and make things fly across that room again!