Chapter 2 - An Interesting Return

Chapter 2 an Interesting Return

Suddenly, there was an explosion. Pumpkin pastries, chocolate frogs, licorice wands, and other goodies were strewn across the train. The younger ones, along with some greedy older students, started to stuff the treats into their pockets, before the trolley lady jinxed them, paralyzing their hands. The marauders, lily's friends, and the prefects stared at a duel between Lily and James. They had no idea how it started. The two teenagers were shooting curses and hexes and jinxes everywhere, shouting about things-from Quidditch, to grades, to pranks, to food fights, to behavior.

Lily's new robes were now covered in crawling locusts, while James' hand sprouted sunflowers. As the train started to shake violently, Remus john Lupin finally steeped in and cast the Finite Incantatem, his tall, awkward body unsteadily wobbling.

Summer, one of Chloe's close friends, who had aquamarine eyes and long, light brown, wavy hair, stared at his impressive wandwork. He was so mature. He seemed to have shot up this summer, and his hair dangled pasted his shoulders. Although he wore shabby robes, his confident stance between Lily and James was definitely brave. Lily's hair looked as if it had been shocked by lightning; James' glasses were now shattered; Lily's robes were ripped ; James had boils on his fingers; lily had antlers growing out of her head, and James' whole body was covered in bat bogeys.

"What is going on?" Lupin asked, as he skillfully began to fix up his friends. Summer jumped up and began to help, but her Charm work wasn't the best; she ended up putting ivy on Lily's antlers. Remus laughed, as Summer blushed and slashed the ivy off. Chloe winked at Summer, but Summer pretended not to notice.

"Fighting over my dashing good looks?" Sirius asked, munching on a filched chocolate frog. James gave him a look of disgust, while Lily rolled her eyes.

"Lily questions my ability to be Head Boy!"

"Well, you weren't a prefect!"

"So! It doesn't mean that-"

Sirius dramatically clapped his hand with his wand, accidentally covering the train with fake snow. "Sheesh, we all look like we have dandruff."

"Shut up," James replied, restoring the train back to normal with Remus. Lily had already put the trolley cart in order and fixed a broken glass window.

"Lily, you do know you have maggots in your hair, right?" Chloe pointed at her, shuddering, as Lily shrieked and vanished the bugs now crawling down her neck. Ugh.

"Haha!" James laughed, but got a mouthful of spiders as a reward.

They began their duel once more, but Sirius yelled, "Stop that immediately!"

"You're seriously trying to keep order?" Remus raised his eyebrow as he deflected lily's leg jinx.

"That's right. I'm Sirius." Remus and James face palmed, but Ana snickered. Sirius noticed, as hardly anyone even smiled at his common joke, and ducked his head to hide his please smile. Ana giggled, caught the others staring, and hastily shoved a chocolate frog in her mouth.

"What?" she asked, spluttering chocolate everywhere, causing everyone but Sirius to step back a few inches. Sirius stood there gaping at her, like she was a goddess.

Her crowd of friends murmured several "nothings" and "don't worry about its." Anna looked at them playfully and asked, "Who's up for a wrestling match?" raising her arm, dripping with chocolate, upon into the air.

Everyone looked at each other, and James and Sirius volunteered to take on the master. They stepped forward smugly, both wearing the "are-you-serious-we-are-fighting-a-girl-let's-go-easy-on-her' type of look.