Thirteen ➵ Tired

filler chapter sorry it's not very exciting

"Joshua, are you busy?" I ask, struggling to hold my phone using one arm and carrying Joe in the other. He replies but I can't hear him due to the loud, interrupting crying. "Sorry, can you say that again please?"

"No, I'm free. What's up?"

"Joe is crying and he won't stop, I've honestly tried everything," I whine and sit down onto my bed. "Could you maybe look after him for the day? I'm so exhausted."

"Sure, I'll be over in 10."

"Thank you." I sigh in relief and end the call.

I had only three hours sleep last night due to his constant crying, which is only normal. I've never felt this tired in my entire life, not even when I would stay up all night with Dino when we were younger. Having a child is so rewarding but exhausting at the same time.

"Shhh." I say quietly and bounce my leg up and down in an attempt to calm him. It doesn't work at all.

Finally, I hear the door open downstairs and Joshua makes his way to my room. He smiles softly when he sees me but I can't return it due to the pounding headache that I unfortunately have.

"You look tired."

"Thanks." I chuckle and hand Joe to him.

I lie down and close my eyes, resting my index fingers onto my temples. All I want to do is sleep right now.

"Take a rest, Areum. I'll be fine with Joe." Joshua tells me without diverting his eyes from our son.

"Are you sure?" I question and he nods. "Thank you."

"I'll go and sit downstairs with him, you don't need to worry, just get some sleep."

I thank him once again and pull the duvet over me. It doesn't take long at all for me to fall asleep, I'm drifting away in only a matter of minutes.

After an hour or two I'm woken by the neighbour's car alarm outside. I sit up, stretch, and make my way downstairs. I see a piece of paper clipped onto the doorframe using a bit of tape, which reads 'i'm taking joe for a walk in his pushchair, we'll be back soon. - joshua x'. I smile after reading it and make my way into the kitchen.

Just as I'm about to pour myself a drink - not alcohol, just orange juice - the doorbell rings. The sound rattles through my head which is feeling only slightly better than before my sleep. Cringing, I walk back into the front room and open the door.

I'm slightly surprised to see Mingyu. He smiles at me and steps inside without any words, before he starts to pace around the living room like a madman.

"Mingyu, what's wrong?"

"Do you remember how I told you that I'm into boys, too?" He asks quickly.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm going to tell the boys at practice tomorrow. But I'm so nervous, Areum." He groans and I motion for him to sit down onto the sofa.

"They won't love you any less, Mingyu. Don't be silly. None of them are homophobic so you don't have anything to worry about."

"I know but...they might feel uncomfortable, seeing as though we change in front of each other and stuff."

"Don't stress about it," I assure him. "If any of them say anything - which they clearly won't - I'll kick their ass."

He finally laughs, temporarily breaking his stressed behaviour.

"Thanks, Areum."

"That's what friends are for." I grin.

an; sorry it's crap but i have exams and i haven't updated in ages and i have no time and i'm just not in a great mood atm but i hope this wasn't too atrocious oops