Chapter 9 || gold was a violent colour

A/N:

Hey guys I'm so sorry it's been so long, I've been super stressed out lately, but the good news is I have a week off school so there will be plenty of updates coming your way, and the drama is literally just getting started! This chapter is dedicated to freckled--jesus for always motivating me and keeping me company in ukulele club, m8 ur sick ! She also has made TBWTNR first fan art which is increddiblleee and I will be posting pretty soon; show her some love guys (she's adorable too lol love u maya)!

Pls enjoy the chapter, ily all x

-

I skipped down the stairs, dressed for my morning jog and filled with an excited energy. Last night had left me questioning all I thought was right and normal about my life and I felt oddly at home with the enthusiasm that filled me whenever I thought back. I had managed to get five hours sleep and was planning on running to the local cafe and grabbing a green tea.

"Where the hell have you been?"

I stopped and groaned, caught like a deer in headlights at my front door.

Maddy was stood, arms folded against her large chest, glaring at me and looking as if she hadn't slept a wink; knowing Maddy and her over-protective attitude, she probably hadn't. Connor peered over her shoulder, looking as if he would be anywhere but here.

"I just... I went to a party."

"Yes. At 9pm. It's I dozed off at half five this morning and you still weren't home!" She yelled and I winced.

"I guess I just lost track of time..." I mumbled. Maddy was beetroot with anger, her lips trembling into a snarl. If looks could kill I'd be six feet under. Her angry eyes raked my body and I instantly regretted keeping Derek's jacket; it was draped around my shoulders and looked very... suggesting... against my running gear. He had insisted I keep it and I was extremely thankful, but I knew how bad this looked.

"Ah, so that's where you were? Your first party and you're off being a whore all night?" I bit my lip, knowing I deserved it. Connor pulled on Maddy's arm and whispered soothing words in her ear; I could tell she wasn't listening.

"No, Maddy please, it's not as bad as it looks okay? I'm so sorry and I swear it will never happen again!"

"Were you drinking alcohol?" She hissed, marching over.

"No! I'm not that stupid! Smell my breath or whatever, but I promise you I did nothing wrong, now would you back off my case?" I yelled, her negativity seeping into my strangely good mood.

"Me back off your case?" She yelled. "You were the one at a party all night, with alcohol and God knows what and you don't come home till... say... six in the morning! Why didn't you call?"

"I'm so sorry Maddy time just slipped away with me I-"

"Pft! Yeah okay, I've heard that one before! You can't do this Daisy, you need to look after your mental health, staying out all night isn't going to get you to Oxford!"

"My mental health? Seriously, Maddy, what are you now my shrink?" Something undecipherable flickered across her eyes. "I told you I didn't do anything wrong now why can't you just believe me?"

"Don't you raise your voice with me! I have waited up all night, pestering Connor half to death; can't you see how selfish you have been?"

"I didn't ask you to do that. Look, Maddy, you know how mature and responsible I am for a teenager why c-,"