The décor in their room, a suite on the penthouse floor, is much like the rest of the hotel, however a modern touch makes it feel nicer and more normal as sleeping amongst pillars isn't something that most normal people do- including one of America's richest siblings. Krissy sighs, letting herself flop onto one of two king sized beds and flinging her shoes off. Karlie ambles over to the bed by the floor-to-ceiling window, watching the first few lights flicker on over New York. Out of everywhere she's ever been, the brunette feels most at home here.

Breaking the silence, Krissy speaks- "are you okay Karls? You've been a little quiet."

"I'm fine. Just adjusting." The room goes quiet for a minute before Karlie pipes up again. "I'm going out to meet someone. I'll be back in a while." She proceeds to pick up the rucksack again, striding towards the door. Ignoring her sister's pleas, she leaves, taking the stairs down a few levels and then summoning an elevator when she realises this hotel has about 20 floors.

I wanna see you? Karlie texts Taylor as she strolls out of the revolving door and onto the relatively quiet street to find a Starbucks and then her lover.

I'm at New York Central Hotel. Meet me in the lobby xx. The reply comes in minutes later, just as Karlie finds a Starbucks and is taking her place in the queue. She's always wondered why the queues to the chain of coffee shops are so long when there's sometimes more than one on each street.

A smile adorns the girl's face. Starbucks order?

Two Lattes later, one with caramel and the other with vanilla, Karlie is hailing a cab as her long legs are objecting to walking all the way to Taylor's hotel balancing Starbucks through the busy streets of the most famous city in the world. Taxis aren't expensive either so the brunette doesn't mind- it'll also get her to the blonde quicker.

"I've missed you baby," a familiar voice whispers from behind Karlie as she stands in the marble floored lobby of Taylor's hotel. It's almost as grand as the hotel the teen has just left but it has an air of homeliness that she found was lacking because of the grandeur and statues of naked men adorning the corridors.

Spinning on her heel, Karlie smiles lightly as she meets the stunning blue eyes that have become so familiar to her, immediately feeling safe. "I've missed you more," she grins, enveloping Taylor in a hug with the older woman's head on her shoulder.

"Lets go to my room," the blonde says, untangling herself and leading the way but not without a suspicious glance around the huge room.

As soon as they're alone in the room, Taylor holds the brunette in front of her and surveys her, looking for signs of harm or tiredness. "Seriously Karlie, you had me worried." Letting the taller girl go, the blonde flops onto the bed expecting Karlie to follow her but the girl goes to stand by the window.

"I'm fine," the brunette sighs, eyes focused on the jungle of skyscrapers.

"You may be okay now but you weren't," Taylor contradicts. "What happened?"

Not moving like the older girl hoped she would, Karlie replies in somewhat of a monotone tone, "my dad started asking about my grades and wasn't happy when I said they were B's and then he just started saying all this shit and I couldn't deal with it so I flipped and told him I was gay and then drank like a couple of litres of vodka." Finally taking a breath and turning to her lover, Karlie steps gracefully across the room and perches on the bed. Taylor grabs the brunette from behind, not accepting the girls distant nature and pulling her backwards onto the bed until they're lying side by side.

"So what's happening now?"

"The woman adjusted my meds and told Trashcan so when I go back to England he can 'keep an eye on me'"

Twisting her neck, Taylor turns to look at her lover, "you're really beautiful y'know."

"You're too kind to me. I'd have given up on someone like me a long time ago." Karlie is half joking, though not entirely as she knows how difficult she is to deal with. She knows she wants to change however.

"Yeah well I'm not one for giving up," Taylor laughs, sitting up- Karlie follows until they're both propped up on pillows. They lock eyes. "Will I get a midnight kiss at New Year," she questions the younger girl.

Sarcastic as always, Karlie shakes her head and gives the slightly shorter woman a look of disgust, "why would I kiss you?"

"Bitch!" Taylor picks up a pillow and swings at the girl who's taken by surprise and flops backwards. The blonde straddles the younger girl and flings the pillow to the side, kissing her neck gently. Karlie won't let Taylor just kiss her neck, taking her chin and guiding it to her lips, softening into the kiss.

Sliding her hands up her lovers waist, the brunette doesn't even try to fight for dominance which is unusual as she's usually the strong one on top. "I've missed you too much," Taylor whispers against Karlie's skin.

"I missed you a lot," the brunette murmurs back. Their lips continue to work together but Karlie lifts up after a few minutes.

"As much as I love being that close with you," she half laughs- "I'm hungry. Room service?"

Trust the model to be hungry at their most intimate moments. "Okay," Taylor agrees. "I want fries and a milkshake! Oh and also cake!"

The phone is thrust towards the blonde. "Well I'm not talking to them so tell that to whoever answers."

Of course, Taylor has forgotten that her lover has a fear of talking to people she doesn't know. It hurts to see the nervousness come out in the younger girl but the singer leaves it, making a mental note to pursue it later.

"But you can order me a veggie pizza, fries, a diet coke, cake and salt and vinegar chips."

"Please..."