Of Flights and Fights

I have been packing and unpacking non stop since Vikram told me that we are going on a vacation.

At first I thought that we were going to some cold place so I packed according to that but then he informed that it was going to be warm so I had to start everything again.

My relationship with Vikram was soaring high, he started to laugh more. Mom was ecstatic by his behaviour and said that I did some magic on him.

Our intimacy was on the same platform as it was in the office, he said he would go further on our honeymoon.

Yes it was our honeymoon. Mom already voiced her opinion that she was expecting grandbabies soon.

Everytime he kissed me, my heart would soar in the sky. His touch would make me feel. I asked him if he wanted me to do anything in return, he said no. He was happy with that.

It was hard to believe at first but a shopping session with Deepti made me realise that I was thinking too much.

We left the home at 10 at night for the airport. I was sitting in the waiting lounge still unsure where we were going, Vikram left for the washroom to freshen up.

"Hey do you know what 'Mandai' means?" A voice with heavy American accent asked me.

I looked at the person who asked me the question. He was a 25 something man who had strikingly blue eyes.

He was holding his camera in his hand while looking at me in confusion.

"Mandai? It means a market." I said looking at it.

"Oh! That what it was. I thought it was some fighting arena when I visited. But were pushing each other like crazy" He cringed at the memory.

"I know. That happens sometimes and you were unlucky to see that"

"Oh, lady my middle name is unlucky" He snorted.

"Mine is Clumsy" He laughed to that.

"By the way my name is Josh"

"Lila" I introduced myself and shook his hand.

"Where are you going by the way?" He asked casually.

"I don't know. My husband said its a surprise"

"Wow but it's not going to be a surprise for much longer when your flight is scheduled you will come to know"

"I hope it happens soon. I want to know about it badly"

"I just want to go back home and hug my boyfriend so hard" Oh. He was gay. He looked so dreamy when he mentioned his boyfriend. It was so cute.

"Don't worry, you will see him soon enough" I said patting his back.

Just then Vikram came back and cleared his throat. I looked at him with a smile on my face.

"Oh Vikram this is Josh, Josh this is my husband" I introduced them to each other.

"Do you know each other?" Vikram said with a strained voice. I knew by looking at his face that he was angry. Was I not even supposed to talk with any other man.

"No, we just met now" Josh was the one who replied,"Well, I better be going" He said after sensing the tension in the air.

"Bye, it was nice meeting you" I said sincerely.

"Same here" He said while his blue eyes sparkled.

He didn't say anything to Vikram and left.

"What was that?" Both of said at the same time.

"You tell me. Who was he?" Vikram said as he sat besides me folding his arms.

"He was my long lost lover" I replied. I wasn't going to say anything further. He cannot object me from talking to other persons.

"What did you say?" He asked holding my left hand roughly. A jolt of pain started to shoot up.

"Vikram, you are hurting me" I panicked.

He left my hand at once. Fear and worry etched on his mind. It was like he didn't want to do that but he couldn't control what he did.

"Lila" He said softly,"You know how I feel about thoughts of you being with anybody else."

"I know but you can't stop me from just talking to other men"

"I know but I can't control myself then" He said taking a seat besides me.

"Says a man who wants to have control over things" I know I was rude but I was pissed. I was allowed to do so.

My comment seemed to hurt him as he didn't utter a single word after that.

I came to know that we were going to Maldives. I should have been so happy but a certain Mr. Joshi was so mad at me that it dampened my mood.

I should be angry at him and not the other way round.

We made our way towards our flight still ignoring each other. I was scared it was my first time on plane. I have heard some many stories about take off that I was afraid that I will pee in my pants.

We took our seats. I was struggling to put on my seat belt. Vikram gently took the belt from my hand and moved towards me to put it in it's place.

When he was doing that his body was practically over me. I don't know if he was doing it purposely or not but it was making me squirm. His cologne was making me mad like a hatter.

As he moved back to his place after putting the belt on me his lips brushed mine. That was not an accident. He was doing it purposely.

The plane started to take off and I clutched my seat tightly. I closed my eyes and started chanting weird Bollywood dialogues.

'Mere Karan Arjun Ayenge'

Suddenly I felt Vikram move his palm over mine and say,"Basantiii, Inn ghodon k saamne mat nachna"

I looked over him in disgust and said,"It's Kutto K saamne mat nachna.You don't know such a simple dialogue, How stupid can you be Viku"

*********

He was angry at me. He was sulking besides me the whole. How was I supposed to know that his Bollywood knowledge was as low as Sunny Leone's cleavage.

He didn't say a word since I used Viku and stupid in the same sentence.

He was sitting next to me reading some magazine.

"Josh is gay" I said. I couldn't bear his silence much longer.

He didn't say a word for a moment or two.

"I should have known when I saw him checking me out"

I laughed. I couldn't control. Of course Josh was checking him out. Every sane gay man and straight woman will check him out. I think it cleared the tension that was rising between us.

I knew I still had a long road till I understand what Vikram really wants. I hoped we could survive till then.

***********
Somebody is going to meet them in Maldives. Guess who?

***********

Thank you guys for your support. It means a lot.

I am hooked to 'Hotline Bling' by Drake.

Which is your fav song at the moment?

Do vote and Comment. Cheers.