Chapter 11 - Magnolia Petals

Warning: Brief suicidal mention, proceed with caution.

- 3rd  PERSON POV -

"I'm so glad she's alright."

"Me too. I don't know what we'd do if we lost her a 2nd time... for good." The disguised smashers talked to each other quietly after Iquissa had left with her friend. Students were staring at the group as they saw the new teachers and students hanging rather close altogether.

"...Well I thought Robin's idea was smart."

"You would, Lucas."

"Hey! No making fun of his name!" Suddenly, Zelda sat down on the bench, but looked more like she was falling instead. She rubbed her temples as she leaned on Pit slightly.

"Hey, is everything alright? ...Claire?"

"I'm fine, my energy is being drained fast though. It's from the portal."

"Come on, let's get you some water." Link, being the gentleman he was, lead Zelda to a nearby drinking fountain, but then decided to take her to the nurse's office afterwards to let her rest there.

"So what do we do now? The portal won't be open for much longer," Lucina spoke.

"We need to be fast and get Iquissa home-"

"Mr Rotac," Samus cut in suddenly, "do you think it's going to be that easy? To take her away from where she's grown up for the last ten years?"

Robin's eyes narrowed and wondered what Samus' thought process was. "Yes, Miss Saran. You heard what Ro- Zack said; her life here was miserable. Why would she want to stick around?"

"Well... it seems to me that she looks pretty okay here." Samus nodded her head in the direction behind Robin, and he turned to see Iquissa and her friend walking past further away. Robin looked at her, and she did look happy, but he refused to believe what he thought Samus could be suggesting.

He turned around, and got right up in her face as he spoke low and dangerously. "She is coming home, and that's final." He backed away and started walking off as he said, "I'm going to the staffroom. Come if you want, Miss Saran."

After that, the group stayed quiet, not sure what to think after what Samus had just pointed out. Was taking her home really the best thing for her? They looked back and forth to one another, and questioned what the right thing to do really was.

- INGRID'S POV - 

"So... it looks like you really like the new kids huh?"

"Oh yeah, absofruitly!"

"Absofruitly?"

"Eh, just a word I made up." Elios and I continued walking to our usual place, and relaxed as we ate our lunch together. We found our tree away from everyone else, and we sat underneath as Elios started reading his book, and I started playing my new favourite game on my phone, Deemo. "Have you even met them yet?"

"Well, no, not technically."

"You have to meet them! They're a part of our school now, so you might as well meet them if you're gonna be stuck with them..." I thought about the last sentence I said, and realised that it wasn't true. They weren't going to stay; they'd obviously have to go back home eventually.

Does that mean I'd go back with them? ...Leave Elios and the people who raised me?

I sang along in my head the lyrics that were being sung in the song. They were all very real and stuck in my head as I played.