White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Truffles

WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED OREO TRUFFLES

Ingredients:

One family sized package of Oreos (420 grams or 38 Oreos)

240g package of full-fat cream cheese, room temperature

One bag of Hershey's white chocolate chips (340g)

One tablespoon of unflavored vegetable oil or solid vegetable shortening (Do not use butter, margarine, or flavored oils like coconut oil and olive oil.)

Instructions:

Pulverize the Oreos in a food processor into very fine crumbs. Put into a large mixing bowl and set aside.

You may soften the cream cheese by microwaving it on LOW for 1 minute. Add the cream cheese to the Oreo crumbs.

Mix the Oreos and cream cheese with a large spoon or with gloved hands until very well incorporated.

Scoop half-tablespoons of the Oreo mixture onto your hands, and roll them into balls. Then, flatten them into discs and place them onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.

After you have made all of the truffles, place them into the freezer for at least one hour (this will make the dipping easier).

Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler or on LOW (the defrost setting is ideal) for one minute bursts in the microwave. Remove it from the microwave and mix after each minute, and continue until the chocolate is completely melted.

Add the vegetable oil to the white chocolate to thin it, and fold it in until incorporated. If needed, warm it in the microwave on LOW for another 30 seconds.

Dip half of the Oreo truffle into the white chocolate, and set it on a waxed baking sheet to harden. Repeat for all the truffles and place them back into the freezer for ten minutes. After the chocolate has hardened, remove them from the freezer and dip the other half. NOTE: If the white chocolate thickens or hardens during dipping, simply microwave it again on LOW for one minute.

Store the truffles in an airtight box in the refrigerator or freezer, separating layers with waxed paper.

Modified from the original recipe (Chocolate Covered Oreo Truffles) by SusieQ_1994