cнapтer 13

HAYDEN

I once a hurry outside everyone is in a panic running around in excitement. From the words i can make out i realise that a ship from the ark fell from the sky. Everyone is hurrying to collect their stuff desperate to go out and look for it.

I run to my tent to join in. I hadn't had much of a chance to think about what the ark as of late. I had assumed it was a world well and truly in my past. I hadn't spared a thought for the father i left behind who probably couldn't sleep at the thought of me in danger. Thinking about it make me feel sick to the stomach how could i have been so inconsiderate.

The ship was going to have a radio which meant contact with the ark and the chance to hear my father's voice one more time. The mere thought made me go crazy with adrenaline and i decided on heading off on my own. I grabbed my stuff and headed for the nearest exit.

On my way i spotted jasper clearly searching for someone for a second i almost went over to question it, but my determination was to strong to be wavered by such distractions. Once outside the wall i started to navigate myself in the direction everyone suspected the ship crashed.

♢♢♢

I had been walking for what seemed like hours and it felt like i was getting even further away from the "ridge" i was supposed to be going over. I admit the worry was starting to set in. My spare of the moment choice was going to have some serious consequences if i didn't figure out were i was soon.

Id always been like this act first think later. Though on the ark it wasn't really possible to get lost in grounder filled woods. the worst problem i could get myself in, getting arrested, i already done and it was half as bad as this.

The trees were starting to blur together all looking the same as the next. I'd only been outside the wall once and even then i had other people with me. I was hungry, dehydrated and absolutely exhausted.

As i rounded another tree my ear picked up a familiar sound, running water. Normally the fear of lake monsters and other such things would of sent me running but as this point my desperation has reached a whole new level. I tried my best to locate the source of the sound and was surprisingly successful.

Finally i came to the edge of a small stream flowing down along the landscape. I almost screamed for joy crouching down to grab the water into my hands in serious need of a drink. Just as my hands come up to met my lips i heard a rustle in the trees behind me.

Suddenly i was tackled and thrown to the ground. My attacker brought a hand to my mouth silencing me giving me a quiet shhh. I looked into their face eyes scanning across it the bruises and scars making them almost unrecognisable. Almost being the key word the second his eyes meet mine i knew exactly who this was, John Murphy.

♢♢♢

JASPER

No matter where i looked i just couldn't find her. Once sunrise was upon us my hope had long since disintegrated and the fear has set in.

If she wasn't her that meant she was out there were every step she took brought her closer to danger. The only thing keeping me from the insanity was the hope she'd joined up with the search party and of course monty's calm down jasper she'll be fine speech.

"Calm down!" I exclaim "She's out there all alone in grounder territory she could get hurt"

"She can take care of herself jasper" Monty tries to reason