cнapтer 7

HAYDEN

After spending the last 3 hours pacing up and down my newly appointed tent i was exhausted. Still i couldn't stop not till they got back. Monty had stopped by awhile ago and tried to get me to calm down but left when he soon realised it was impossible.

Seriously why couldn't they hurry up, i mean it would be dark soon. Well I'm assuming i don't exactly know much about darkness and i admit i was terrified. What i lived on a mechanical space station my whole life we didn't exactly have the whole night and day thing.

I mean yes we had nighttime were we all slept but it didn't were everyone slept but there was never total darkness on the ark. Especially not anywhere i was because i was terrified of it. I had of course spent one night on earth in the dark but i was surrounded by people, being alone was going to scare the hell out of me. The dark just another stupid fear of mine, another stupid fear that jasper usually had to help me deal with.

Dammit i got back to the topic of jasper, i need to calm down. I fell backwards and flopped onto my makeshift bed, i really needed some sleep but i didn't want to miss Clarke and the gang's return. I guess i could just take a small nap..

♢♢♢

"There back" i hear someone shout and i jump up.

I rush to drop ship and climb inside. Sitting there is Clarke tending to jasper. I sit down beside them letting out a sigh of relief.

"Jasper? Is he-" i say worried

"Yes for now" Clarke replies giving me a reassuring smile.

I grab his hand and take a moment to relax, lying next to me is the boy i never thought id see again. A boy that had literally changed my entire life and was the reason i was here today. I never considered the idea of losing him the thought was unbearable. I thought it impossible, but we'd been on earth on 2 days and id already almost lost him more times than i can handle.

"I'll come back and check on him later" Clarke says leaving.

Being alone here gave me time to think. A billion thoughts ran through my head as i just sat there listening to his faint breathing. One thought stuck out for the first time since monty brought it up i had time to think about what he said last night. How he suggested i felt something for jasper something i did not feel for monty.

I began to wonder did i? Yes they were both the important people in my life, but i admit my relationship with jasper was different. Monty was my best friend, but jasper he was something else, something more.

Jasper was the one who'd stay up late with me because i was scared of the dark, the one who let me drag him out to watch the stars and the one who would carry me back to my room when i fall asleep. He was the one who came running when i woke up screaming from nightmares, the one who listen to my endless rambles about the random documentaries i'd watched that day, jasper was the one who was always there, no matter how stupid or pointless my problem seemed.

I mean i loved monty but the thing was without jasper i would of never known monty. His determination to get to know me was the reason i had everything i could of wanted and i would always be forever grateful. So i guess monty was right i didn't see jasper the same way, but if i didn't view jasper as just a best friend then what did i see him as?

Now that was the question wasn't it, one i knew would run around in my mind endlessly for the next few hours, days weeks maybe.

I slowly laid down trying not to bump jasper. Now that i was here i wasn't going to leave. I wanted to be here when he woke up and honestly i was much to afraid to sleep in the dark alone. So i just sat there staring a metal roof listening to slow gentle beat of jasper's heart as i drifted off to into a peaceful sleep.

♢♢♢

A/n: Holy jesus did i actually write that, this is a chapter i'm seriously proud of like yass my writing is good ahh its a miracle

QUESTION: what should Hayden and Jasper's ship name be?

i honestly have no ideas like
•jayden
•hasper
• jayes (jordan/hayes)
• really cute otp thing

🐬ANYWHO MAJESTIC DOLPHINS BYE🐬