Of course, there's a reason why she doesn't let people in. I know it's because there's something deeper than this shy shit she got going on. That's leads me to my second question.

"Why do you let them bully you like that?" I asked her. "Devin what are you talking about?" She asked as she started to play with her hair.

I gave her the do I'm look like I'm playing with you look. Layia immediately sighed and took a deep breath. I guess that means she's about to tell me.

"To be honest with you, Devin I really don't know why I let them bully me. It's like every time Brittany, Tyla and Lalia come around and say some dumb shit too me I get on hush mouth."

"I have so much shit to say to those three, but I can never get any words out of my mouth. I don't know what it is. They call me ugly, stupid, worthless and other shit. I used to know that I wasn't none of that. However, now I just feel like I'm all that shit they say I am." Layia stopped because she was crying.

I scooted over some more and just held Layia as she sobbed into my shirt. This is good. It's bad to see her cry, but it's good for ma to open up some. However there's still more that sge didn't share yet.

I just sat there and held her and rub her back until she calmed down and was ready to start talking.

Layia sat up and looked down. I guess she was embarrassed about crying in front of me. I immediately sat up and I thought I told her about doing that.

"Ma what I told you about that?" I asked Layia. She answered back and said, "Don't hold my head down when I'm around you."

"Correct." You're to beautiful to be holding your head down." Once I said that she started blushing hard as hell. I just love that I have that effect on her, I thought.

"You don't have to lie Devin." Once Layia said that I knew that bullying shit had gone too far.

"Ma trust and believe me I'm not lying. Why do I even have to lie for?" I questioned her. "Malayia your are pretty,  you stand out from all these little hoes running around the school. Ma you have class, morals and a future ahead of you. Something that a lot of these girls out here lack."

After I said that she had a big ass smile on her face and of course she was blushing hard as hell. I just love that, I thought. However, this little moment can't last forever cause Layia still need to tell me the rest.

"Malayia." I called out to her to get her attention. She simply answered with a "Yes." "You and I both know that you ain't finish telling me everything, so let's get back to the discussion."

"Ugh Devin do I have to?" She asked
I gave her the duh look. She sighed but continued on.

"My insecurities all started when my father left the picture." "Up to the age of 8 I seen my father everyday of my life." "We spent every day talking, laughing, and just playing around." "I was truly a daddy's girl."

"My father always told me that I was pretty and to never hold my head down. He always said, "Keep ya head up baby girl." At the age of eight, that was the last time I ever seen him."

"That took a lot of my strength and courage away. I'd went into depression. I went from seeing that piece of shit everyday to not seeing him at all. That shit hurts." Once Layia said that she went outside to cool off. While I stayed inside to process what I just heard.

Her father leaving was the core of all her problems. If he would've stayed she would've never been like this. It was his fault. The insecurities. The bullying. The shyness. All of it.

She just need somebody to help her with all of her problems. I already know Nia is there for her. However, she's going to need somebody else.

I'm that somebody else. I'm gonna help her learn how to stick up for herself. Her shyness will surely be gone once I'm finish helping her.

I walked outside to find Layia sitting down on the porch looking much more calmer than before.

"You good now? I asked her. "Yea I'm good. Thank you for listening. It felt good to get all of that off my chest." She said looking refreshed.

I simply said, "It's all good ma." After the discussion we had I was about to leave only to be stopped by Malayia.

Malayia

The talk we had was great. It felt so good to get that off my chest. I only told one other person that and that was Nia.

After the talk Devin thought he was getting away easy. Hell no.

"Wait Devin." He turned around and said, "Yes ma?" He questioned. "You thought you was getting off easy?" I asked him.

Devin had a confused look on his face. While I was smirking.

"Devin I got a couple of questions for you too." Once I said that Devin looked like a deer caught in head lights.

Author's Note: Long chapter right?Show me some love though.
Lil P.A.B 👌💯✌