Chapter 12

Malayia

Once Devin texted me back and said he was on the way with my food I got happy. All I could do was think about my stomach.

I kept the same clothes on which was a tank top and some tights. I supposed to get all dolled up. Um no. All of a sudden I hear banging on the front door.

Who the fuck banging on my damn door like they the police. I got up and opened the door to see Devin standing there with my food in his hand.

My eyes went big once I seen Devin had my food in his hands. I took the plate out his hands. I realizedI didn't even spoke to Devin.

Devin took the plate back out of my hands. My smile turned into a frown real quick. While he just smirked as always.

"No food until you speak to the person who brought the food to you." I sighed, I was hungry as hell and he wanted to do this.

"Hi Devin, thank you for the food." I said with a fake ass smile on my face. Devin knew I was hungry too, I know good and well he hear my stomach over hear growling and shit.

I reached for the food and Devin laughed after that he spoke up, "Wassup ma, now was that so hard." He said, finally giving me my plate back and I headed straight to the kitchen.

By the time Devin walked into the kitchen half of my food was gone. Devin's mom can cook her ass off. The food had me over here wanting seconds and shit.

I finished my plate less than two minutes later. I went into the living room to see Devin on the couch on his phone. I just sat down beside him and turned on the t.v. to BET, and started texting Nia.

Only for my phone to be snatch out my hand, and t.v to be cut off. "The fuck was that for?" I asked mean mugging the shit out of him.

He looked at me and mugged me back, and started talking.

"First of all stop the cursing it ain't cute ma." His facial expression looked more calm now. "Second, we got a lot of things we need to talk about."

After he said we need to talk I just simply agreed. I just sat back and waited for this conversation to start.

Devin

I told Layia that we needed to talk. I already had it planned out. I calmed down and took a quick look at Layia, and continued on.

"This how it's going to go I talk, you listen and when I want you to answer my questions go ahead and answer my questions. One more thing don't hold nothing back. Do you understand me?" I asked her.

"Hmmm." Layia said. "Speak." I told her with authority in my voice.

"Yes I understand Devin." I just smirked, but now is not the time for me to be smirking and shit.

"Why are you so shy ma?" I asked my first question. Layia look like she was in a deep thought on what she was about to say. "Take ya time ma." I told Layia after she said that she was ready to talk.

"I was never like this you know, being shy. It started when I got in high school. I didn't talk to that many people. I only talk to the nerds and they weren't even my friends. I was left to explore high school by myself."

"That's until Nia came in the picture. Nia became my best friend and only friend at that. She was my rock, my own little counselor." Layia told me then she let out a small chuckle. "I love Nia like she's another sister to me."

After hearing what she just said I now understand one reason why she's so shy. Layia is the type of girl who's shy and don't fuck with that many people. I also realized that Layia don't let people in that easy.