Chapter 41

Alex P.O.V.

He was couting. "3...2..." I squeezed my eyes shut, just waiting for the bullet to end me as he smashed the gun into my head.... next thing I know, a gun went off and I dropped the the floor, staring at the man. I cried as bloody arms wrapped around me. I looked up into Sammy's pain struck face and hugged her like my life depended on it. And it did.

***********

I jumped up in the bed fantically and looked around. How'd I get in here? Was on hurt? I checked myself and everything seemed fine. Though I'm surprised that I am never hurt in these incidents, and to be honest, I would trade placed with anyone of them to save me from having to be the main witness. It eats me up inside knowing others I care about are in danger so much and it's nothing I could do but watch.

After I sat for about 40 mins, All the parents arrived. I found out about Seb, and he is okay. He's just being watched. He's been spaced out way too much. I'm fine. It pisses me off that everyone else gets hurt but me... I know that sounds backwards and attention grabbing, but I just want them to get a break! This is the second time this week that they have been close to losing their lives!

Hunter apparently hasn't gotten up yet. Sam either. To be honest I was afraid to ask about her. So i didn't, i was just told. She has been holding on to too much. I just hope this will be okay in the end.

I'm pretty bummed about Rachael. She didn't deserve to die right? Everyone deserved to live. Well not everyone who tortures humans or kids... I will certainly miss her. She used to be the only person who hung out with me. She clung to me 24/7, Maybe because we were cousins. That's why I trusted her.

When everyone cleared the table at the dance, I was expecting Rachael to admit that she was developing Schizophrenia. It wasn't my place to tell, but hers. I had found out the day before tonight, so If I would've known long ago I would've mentioned it right after the crash when we had our suspicions.

Maybe if we all talked about this the time the crash happened, then Rachael wouldn't have died. Well to be honest anybody still would've died according to Mr. Kingston. I still cannot believe what he did tonight. I trusted that man. I'm sure everyone did.

My thoughts drifted to Sammy as I heard mumbling outside my door. She was a real rock. And I applaud her, Amy and Hunter. Even Sebastian for what they did. I could've died. But so could anyone of us. I guess that one, was Rachael.

I was snapped from my thoughts by a soft knock at the door. Dr. Marvel strode in with a gentle smile. I wanted to smile back but I was in too much pain. Not physically. Though some people may think, 'Why are you even complaining? You didn't get hurt..' That's true but I'm just drained from ones around me getting hurt. Which makes me feel like it's my fault. As if I did something... maybe I shouldn't have let Rachael hang out with them. But the way Rachael was acting, she still might have done it.

Dr. Marvel cleared his throat and tapped my forehead once with his pen. "Care to join earth again Ms. Alexis?" He asked as he chuckled. Quite the charmer. I bet women throw themselves at him daily.

I nodded and he asked me many questions. I ended up having to stay for the night to be watched because I fainted and bumped my head. Then I could go. I hate hospitals, they reek of sanitizer and lonesome. The room makes you feel like your about to be told you have cancer or something. Once Dr. Marvel left out, my dad walked in.

"Hey bud." He said smiling. I smiled back because my dad had a contagious smile. "Hey dad." I sat up. "How ya feeling? " He said as he came and sat on the edge of the bed. "Fine tender head but in fine nonetheless. where's momma?" I asked confused. "Oh she's in Sam's room talking to her parents." I nodded, "Umm, how is she? " I hesitantly mumbled. I'm afraid of hearing the worst.

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush. But since her vitals show that she hasn't had any rest after the crash, she slipped into a coma. They got the bullet out but they are trying all they can for her to stay alive. She lost way too much blood for her bodies liking. Surprised she hasn't flatlined yet. Strong young lady. I'm just glad your never hurt as much. " He went to kiss my forehead but I moved.

"I'm hope your not saying that you don't care if she's hurt as long as im fine? " He shrugged and I scoffed. "Dad can you go?" I can't believe him. "Excuse you?" He said shocked. I'm not a sass talker to my parents but at this moment... I had the right to be angry.

"Dad they risked their lives for me! For each other! I stood there whining and they all did something. Rachaels dead and you only care if I'm fine. Daddy your niece is gone. I understand I'm your daughter and your want what's best for me, But don't disrespect the ones who was hurt and who died for each other! Please don't disrespect ones who were hurt or killed for only being at the wrong place at the wrong time! It could've been me who was shot instead of Rachael if he hadn't grabbed me second. You should be praising Sam for shooting him before he shot me! You should be praising her and Amy for helping me when I had all those dark times that you don't know about! Fuck, just LEAVE!!" He sat and looked at me and nodded. Ive last glance he was our the door. I broke down, Sammy don't die.