-Chapter 15: Awaiting The Future-

@Copyright all rights reseved

-Written By: LovableMonster-

-Chapter 15: Awaiting The Future-

I exit Luca's room after a few hours of tending to his needs and comforting him when he wanted me. I lay myself down in a loveseat and sigh, my bangs sticking to my forehead with sweat. When I open my eyes I'm greeted by Mr. Keller who looks worse for wear. His clothing is covered in dirt and his hair is all over the place like his beard. He sits down in the opposite seat beside me and looks over at me. I knew he'd expect to be questioned and I have a lot of questions.

''So, you knew Luca's sister? What was she like?'' I ask, not remembering him ever bring up anything about a sister, maybe he has a brother as well. I don't know anything about Luca and his family, you'd think he tell me something at least.

Mr. Keller brushes his bony fingers through is gray hair and it only makes the hair oily. He stops after he acknowledges that it's not helping.

''She was a pretty thing, smart too. Her name was Alice and she was trying to become a doctor, which as you know is a hard position for females to get. Anyways, she was always making people happy, especially her brother. Although, one day...This woman came along and...Well...The funeral was a few days afterwards. Thankfully I caught the woman who killed his sister years ago, she was insane...She didn't tell me the reason she killed his sister before she shot herself in the head...I try not to think about that day Mrs. Bonastia.''

I try to stop my heart from racing and my head from spinning. I can't believe Luca never told me any of this! What was there to hide? I guess he just couldn't stand to tell anyone because it meant too much to him.

Mr. Keller drags a hand through his beard,'' Although, you probably know what happens next since you met his brother, right?'' He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I shake my head slowly.

Now he has a brother and I've met him?

Mr. Keller shakes his head in disgust; either in my lack of information about my husband or that my husband would keep these things from me. I beg Mr. Keller to tell me more.

''Luca's brother was Anthony Bonastia.''

I drive my fingers madly into my ears to clean them, I must've not heard that quite right. I put a hand to my chest to somehow calm my heart and it's speed. I look up at him and he's not smiling or joking, he's not even grinning like a cat. He continues, ignoring my panic attack.

Luca killed his own brother to save me.

Luca drove a sword right into his brother.

Luca is my knight who protects.

''His brother was going to kill you because you looked so much like the woman who killed his sister, but Luca wouldn't allow it. Now, I know you know the rest.''

Mr. Keller starts to pick at the loveseat like someone would when they were playing with their dinner. Mr. Keller has told me all of this, but his words seem fake, in a way. It's like he's rushing to get everything out for some reason. I'm not fazed by it I'm just concerned, like always. I put down the hand from my chest and sigh.

''He saved me.''

Mr. Keller nods and returns to stroking his beard through his fingers. I've never been one to like beards, a bit of a unshaven face is one thing. I try to process everything he's told me inside of my head but it's too much information too take in, especially being so important.