Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

“Is she alright?” I ask.

“Yeah. It’s just a lot of stress.” I throw my bag on the futon and grab a lighter and a cigarette and walk to the front of the bus. The Max kid was at the kitchen banging on the counter with drum sticks. I walk outside and her sobs.

“Alex, I just want to go home. It’s not like I have my dad to call and I can’t call Vic, I just broke up with him and Austin hates me!” it’s that Ellie girl. There’s a pause when she laughs. “Thanks Jack.” I decided to ignore her and I light up the cigarette. As I’m blowing a puff of air the crying comes back. I walk over to the back of the bus where her knees are pulled up to her chest. She looks up at me and the anger fills in her eyes again.

“What the hell do you want?” she snaps. Well, I tried.

“Being a good person and trying to see if you were okay. No need to be a bitch!” I snap back. I drop the cigarette, smash it, and walk away.

~Ellie~

After snapping at Andy I felt bad. But I just shrugged it off and finished talking to Alex.

“I miss you! We so need to hang out.” Alex said. We haven’t talk much because most of his tour dates weren’t with us and knowing how busy they are, I didn’t complain. “But you need to be nice to them Ellie. They’re there to help you and you can’t just keep pushing people away, especially at the state you’re in. you’ll need every friend possible.” I nodded.

“Go get some sleep Alex. I’ll be alright.” I hang up and walk onto the bus. It’s four in the morning and all the buses crank up. I fall to the couch and someone shoved me off. I fell to the ground and rolled. I get up to see it is that Andy boy.

“Why are you on the couch?” I snap.

“Because it’s where the TV is!” he spats.

“Well you didn’t have to shove me off!”

“Well, you didn’t have to fall on top of me.” he smirks. I mentally laugh at his cockiness.

“Wow. Okay, well, 1. This is our tour bus. 2. No need to be an asshole.” I was just as surprised at myself as Andy was. I was actually trying to flirt, I quickly covered it with a glare.

“Oh! I’m being an asshole?!” he yelled, now inches away from me.

“Ya! You kinda are! How do you expect a person who is trying to get signed to Rise Records, get her album released, get through Warped, survive through her Headline tour, get a video done, then have new songs for Warped twenty-thirteen to act?!?!?! Peachy kneen? Well news flash! Not. Gonna. Happen!”

“You motherfucking cu-”

“HEY, HEY, HEY!!!!” Ryan yells.

“Stay out of this Ryan!” I yell. Still pissed at him.

“See, you’re even yelling at your own band members!” Andy turns his attention back on me.

“Shut the hell up!” Ryan yells.

“No!”

“Both of you shut the hell up!!!!” I scream at both of them. Andy says two words that throw me over the edge. Ryan looks at him and soon everyone else is merging from the bunks. I turn my attention to Andy with a “what the fuck did you just say” look. Everyone is looking at me because I’m not the person to mess with when stressed. Normally I would longue across the table and choke him, but Andy’s……different. Andy’s smirk doesn’t leave his face.

“What did you just say?” I ask him calmly. Again he repeats those two words with a smirk.

“Make. Me.”