Decisions and Choices

Start from the beginning

Maybe that was too dramatic?

Gasp from Erica, Robert, and last but expected Derek.

(2 hours later)

"I don't see why I have to do this shit." I mumbled dragging the bag filled with disgusting, smelly garbage to the dumpster across the street from the house. I struggled to pick up the garbage bag with all of my might and swung it over my head as I threw it in the dumpster.

It was cold out, I was officially grounded and now I feel something wet and sticky sliding down my chest.

I looked down, seeing cold slaw from three nights ago.

"Oh gross! Not my favorite shirt, could this night get any worst?" I asked myself, hearing an unusual noise coming from behind the dumpster.

My heart started to burn from fear. I thought I was the only one outside, unless it was Derek trying to play a prank on me.

"Hello?" I said, getting a bit nervous.

I took one step forward, crunching a stick under my foot.

I stopped and sighed.

But the noise grew louder.

It sounded like whimpering, like someone was crying.

I slowly walked around the dumpster, only to find a teenage boy who sat on the ground, balling his head up into his knees.

He looked like one of my brother's friends.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked getting closer to him.

"No." He growled, making me jump a bit. I understood he only said no, but it wasn't to answer my question, it was only to stop me from coming any closer.

I took a few steps back, kinda unsure about my decision of walking back here.

But I can't just leave him here.

"Uh, umm, what's wrong, I can help." I said leaning down.

"Really?" He asked, still looking down.

"Yea! Why not? Just tell me what's wrong." I said, kinda doing a perfect mimic of my mom, only when she's taking care of patients.

"Well, I-I have no where to go. My mom and dad are dead and I'm poor with no place to stay." He said, looking at me with watery eyes.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. What should I do? I'm not use to talking to random strangers behind dumpsters.

But he said his parents are...dead. I could only imagine..

"Well, uh you can stay with me." I suggested. "You know, until things get right again, or until you find other siblings who can take you in. We have a phone, if you need it." I continued, trying to be very supportive.

"Really?" He said excitedly, standing on his feet. He was pretty tall. Taller than me and I was only 5'6.

"Look, yes, but, we just....we can't tell my parents or my brother." I warned.

"YES! I mean n-no I won't tell them I swear." He said holding a tight grip on my arms. He quickly let go once he saw me blush.

"Your hands are cold." I chuckled.

"Well, it is cold outside." He smirked.

Well, he surely recovered fast.

"Right. Which is why we're gonna head to my place, so we can get warm." I said, trying not to sound nervous or make things awkward.