But there's always that little voice inside that tells you that he might reject you. Then there's the other voice that says that if he did reject you it wouldn't matter because there's nothing to lose and you can just move on.

My life is split into two pieces. One half is my life at home where I'm my parents' little griffin'. Then there's the other half where I have friends, school, and emotions toward one particular guy. Those two halves are completely different and opposite. I know that one day I must choose on whether to live up to my legacy or live out a boring average human life with a mythical secret.

But for now I have decided to stay focused on my schooling and figure out more about the half unicorn/pegasus person.

After third period, I walk to my locker to grab the books I require for my next class. Once they're in my arms I turn around and walk down the long hall filled with teens. A person rams their shoulder into mine. I nearly lose the books I'm holding.

I whip around and glare at the girl who dared to do such an act. Like I expect, it's Diana. She doesn't even glance my way as she continues to sashay in the opposite direction.
That girl makes me so angry. She constantly considers herself higher than us other students.

Apparently, Roxanne, one of my three best friends who is in tenth grade, saw our encounter and whispers to me, "You know, she thinks she's all that, but I heard that she's highly allergic to cats."

A sly grin spreads across my face. A devious plan suddenly forms inside my head. One that might bring me much satisfaction.

"Hey, I have to use the restroom. Go on to class without me." I say to Roxanne as I run into the ladies' room.

Here at my school there are only three stalls in each restroom. Lines grow quickly, and rarely do you find it empty in here.

The odds are in my favor. No one is currently in here at the moment. So I walk into the largest stall, and quickly shut the door. I shrug my jacket off of my shoulders and hang it on the hook that is screwed to the inside of the stall door.

I listen to make sure no one has entered the restroom. Dead silence.
Quickly, I shift into my griffin form. My clothes are absorbed as fur and feathers take their place. Wings sprout from my back and a lion tail grows from the base of my back.
I fill the whole entire stall, and it's sort of cramped in here. My wings bump against both the stall siding and the wall. My talons slip on the tile and the toes on my lion feet spread as I hold my balance.

Once I'm entirely in my mythical form, I grab my jacket with my beak. I manage to twist around in the stall and rub the jacket on the lion fur that covers my lower half. I make sure the jacket is completely rubbed down.

In two split seconds, I'm back in my human form. I take my jacket, grab the books I left on the floor, and sprint out of the bathroom.

I am able to arrive to my class a minute before the bell rings. Fortunately, Diana isn't here yet.
As I pass by Diana's desk, I hold my jacket out and let it drag across the flat desktop. I then put the jacket back on as I sit in the chair behind Diana's.

Unnoticeably, I watch the annoying girl step into the classroom and sit in her assigned seat. Class begins soon afterward. We sit there listening to our teacher for about two minutes. I start to assume that my plan has failed hopelessly, but Diana starts to irritatedly rub her nose. Then suddenly she sneezes. After that first sneeze, there is a tsunami of sneezes that follows.

She stands vigorously and growls while holding her nose, "Who in here has a cat?"

Half the class raises their hands. I am one of those hands. It is true. I, in fact, do have a cat. She's a pure black cat with light green eyes and one dash of white on her chest. Her name is Kitty. And yes, her remarkably unique name was created by me, Olivia Linn Davis.

Diana struts out of the classroom mumbling and complaining about how felines are a nuisance in her life. I barely manage to contain my laughter. If you were to look over at me, you would be frightened by the growing smile on my face.

Cellcy, who is sitting on my right, whispers to me, "What did you do?"

I stay quiet.

"You let your cat fall asleep on your jacket, didn't you?" She asks me with a raised eyebrow.

I nod vigorously because I can't say that I turned into a griffin in the school restroom.

Cellcy is still glaring at me when I glance back over.

"What?" I say as I hold back a smirk.

She shakes her head disapprovingly, "It's not funny."

I shrug my shoulders. Diana shouldn't be such a mean person. She is always leaving a room with a negative comment or giving you a sour look. It's so common that it's expected from her. She has a well known reputation for such things.

I could easily imagine her lighting a house on fire or wrecking a neighbor's car.
________________________
I sit down at the lunch table with my friends. I love lunch, and I love talking with my friends, who doesn't?

My three best friends who I sit with everyday are Cellcy, Wonona, and Roxanne. There are five other girls who sit at our table. They're my friends too, but I'm so much closer with my three best friends.

Roxanne lives right across the lake from me. She is currently talking about the house fire that happened last night.

I've been hearing people and teachers talking about the fire that happened last night. Word of the mysterious hero has been spoken of more than the house fire itself. Apparently, people like to talk about heroes and heroines.

For some reason, Wonona keeps bringing up the topic of going to the theater. She's wanting us to go see a new movie. Cellcy instead wants to go to a different movie that comes out the same day as Wonona's chosen movie. Roxanne and I just sit there watching them argue over the simple matter. It's very entertaining.

This is why I love being human. Everything is more simple and less complicated. Just look at Cellcy and Wonona's argument. They don't even realize how insignificant the decision is. How about we go to both movies?

Roxanne apparently reads minds, because she voices the exact words I think of. This calms down the fussing between Wonona and Cellcy.
________________________
It's finally time for P.E. which is my favorite class. If you have forgotten, I'll quickly remind you that I love running. So I basically like every sport whether it's basketball, volleyball, baseball, soccer, football, tennis, dodgeball, or anything else that is a sport.

Everybody dreads this certain class, but I'm totally ready for it. I actually look forward to this time of the day.
The exercises are simple for me while they are a true struggle for others. Push-ups, sit-ups, suicides, planks, pull-ups, jumping jacks, and few others that I can't remember right now.

Plus, Diesel is in this class as well. During this hour I'm able to steal glances at him. Yeah, I stalk him at times. I guess that means that I'm officially a creeper.

As we run laps around the soccer field, I race ahead of everyone else. My speed and agility in running is extraordinary. My breathing doesn't come out in gasps or deep intakes. It only proves how this isn't much of a difficulty to me.

Too bad I can't run this well in my griffin form. Those eagle feet of mine always slow me down.

I eventually finish my last lap. When I turn back to watch the rest of the teens, they're having to push themselves to finish that final lap. The guys are covered in sweat, and the girls look absolutely exhausted. As soon as they finish running, they all make a bee-line toward their colorful water bottles that line the bench.

I calmly sit and watch them gulp down mouthfuls of water. Since I don't strain as much as they do, I'm not thirsty at all.

But every creature needs water. So no matter what, I will have to drink some water once I get home.

My eyes involuntarily settle on Diesel, but I immediately jerk my eyes off him before I can get a good look at him. I wouldn't want him or anyone else to see me looking at him.

In a small school like this, rumors spread like mold on old bread. It scatters quickly and there's almost no way to stop it.

You have to be careful what you do around here, because someone may spawn a lie about you that may not be the least bit true.