21: Question Time

Start from the beginning

I grinned at him. "Squeeze me all you want,"

"I might never let go, I hope you're ready for this job."

"I'm ready."

He rolled me over so he was hovering on top of me. "How ready?"

His voice was husky, deep... shiver worthy. I loved it when his voice dropped an octave. "As ready as I'll ever be." I ran my hands past his neck, into his hair and pulled his head down so his lips landed on mine.

This was the only place we could be together without getting caught by someone. The only place we could be open about what we do and, in his case, what we are.

I plunged my tongue into his mouth more than willingly. He responded quicker than instantly locking and scraping his tongue against mine. I wrapped my legs around his waist pushing his lower half into mine. His hand gripped my thigh as he let out a small moan. Oh, God his moan. His body, his whole existence, it was almost too much. I brought his bottom lip into my mouth, sucked and pulled on it until I had the pleasure of hearing and feeling his excitement.

"Evie, I barely have any restraint left." He managed to get out as I let go of his lip. I glanced into his eyes and smiled when I saw his dilating pupils.

"Don't hold back." I mumbled right before moving my hands to his shirt and unbuttoning. "There isn't a need anymore."

He glanced down at the t-shirt I was wearing and I almost fell into a haze of ecstasy when I heard his low growl. I shivered in pleasure right before ripping his shirt off from his arms and throwing it to the side.

I let my hands explore his hard, strong chest but not for long. I pulled him back down to my lips and felt him grind his hips slightly against mine. His most prominent and hardened area created a friction between our clothes and we both let out a simultaneous moan. Pure liquid heat coursed through me.

I felt him tense slightly under my hands so I pulled back to look at him. His features were slightly hard and I could see the amount of concentration he was putting into not losing himself.

I trailed kisses down his neck and stopped at a particular spot when I heard him growl. In encouragement? I think so.

I sucked the flesh into my mouth and confirmed my theory when I felt his hand grip my thigh slightly tighter. I dropped my legs from around his waist when I felt his fingers trail further and further up the shirt until he got to the outside of my underwear.

I smiled against his neck. "Have I found a weak spot?"

He shook his head but he didn't say anything.

"Never thought vampires had weak spots." I mumbled as a joke.

He chuckled but it turned into a groan. "You're impossible."

I moved my hips a little. "That's news to me." My heart started beating harder than before and my senses heightened when I felt the tips if his fingers skim across the very thin material covering me. He suddenly took over and dominated the kiss swiftly moving to my neck.
I curled my toes in anticipation as his fingers kept teasing the lacy material covering my growing warm centre...

But then he removed his hand and stopped his kisses.

He stared down at me with a deep and meaningful frown. I lifted my heavy lids to try and concentrate on him. I licked my dry lips. "What's wrong?" I whispered in a throaty voice.

"I love you."

I smiled and my heart fluttered. "I love you too."

"But," God, I knew there was a but; right now of all times as well. "I'm not strong enough to..." His eyes darted to my mouth. "The last time I fed was four days ago." He sighed. "And plus, I don't want our first time to be on my couch."