2

"Harry! Gemma! We made breakfast! So wake up you bums!"

I groan into my pillow before sitting up slowly. I run a hand through my hair and then down my face.

"Are you guys up?!"

"Yes!" I yell back as I climb out of bed.

I've been here for a week now, my mum is back in England now, she left two days ago. But in this week, I've done nothing but set up my X-box and play it in my room.

I slip sweat pants up my legs and then a T-shirt over my head. Soon I'm walking down the hall to the kitchen. I sit down at the counter and Aunt Sally grins at me.

"Good morning sunshine."

"What's so great about this morning?" I grumble.

"Well there's tons of things-"

There's a knock on the front door and we both look down the hall.

"Who is it?" Sally shouts.

No one answers so she walks around the counter and to the front door. I shrug and grab the plate of bacon and eggs before piling them onto the plate in front of me.

"Who was it?" Gemma asks as she walks down the hallway behind Sally.

"Lily." Sally replies as she walks into the kitchen. She sets a block of white cheese that's wrapped up in Saran Wrap on the counter.

"She gave you cheese?" I raise a brow.

"Trust me it's really good. It's goat cheese." Sally says and I exchange glances with Gemma.

"This Lily girl seems really special." I look down at my plate and start eating.

"She really is. She has a goat and she makes the cheese herself. She comes over every now and then to hang out with me when Jim Isnt home." Sally hands Gemma a plate. "You guys should go and say hi."

"'You guys?' Good luck getting Harry out of the house." Gemma snickers and I shoot her a look.

"Be nice." Sally points a finger. "Just for that you get to wash the dishes." Gemma groans and I smirk. "I wouldnt be smiling over there, you have to go say hi to the neighbor, make some friends."

I huff. "Isn't the girl weird?"

"A little bit. But she's nice." Sally replies with a teasing smile.

I roll my eyes and look back down at my plate.

Great.
~>~>~

I open the sliding glass door before stepping out into the sun. I walk to the edge of the deck and lean against the railing.

I pull a box of cigarettes from my pocket before lighting one. I take in the taste of the nicotine on my tongue with closed eyes.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high."

My eyes fly open to the sound of unfamiliar singing and playing of a guitar.

I listen carefully, making sure I'm not hearing things, to find the female voice keeps singing.

I look around to make sure I'm not being pranked or anything before I walk down the steps of the deck.

My bare feet touch the hot sand and I dig my toes into it.

I walk forward, toward a line of palm trees that divide Our yard and the neighbors yard. I get to the trees and I look around the neighbors back yard.

It's quite pretty with it a garden, a little blue dog house with a live white goat on top, a collar around its neck, and a hammock with a girl laying in it playing a ukulele.

Her brown hair is fanned around her head, her eyes closed as she swings back and forth, her fingers moving to play the small instrument.

I can't help but stare at her. Her tan skin, her long hair, her beautiful features.

I shake my head.

What am I doing? I'm such a creep.

I turn and start to walk away when-

"You know, smoking is bad for you right?"

I stop dead in my tracks. I look over my shoulder to see she's sitting up now, her hair partly over her shoulder and the other part down her back.

I turn towards her. "Who are you to tell me what's good and what's bad for me?"

She shrugs. "Says the guy that's talking to me rudely and I don't even know you." My cheeks burn and she smiles. "Got you there didn't I?"

"Whatever." I go to turn around.

"Wait, your Sally's Nephew right?" She asks, her voice full of curiosity.

I look up at her. "Yes... And you are?"

"Lily." She states. "Your name is Harry right?"

I nod and she nods before falling back into the hammock.

"Youre weird." I huff and turn around to walk back to the house.

"Says the guy that was staring at me from behind a tree." She starts playing her ukulele again and I shake my head. "Bye Harry, nice meeting you."

I roll my eyes and go up into my house before closing the door.

"Is that a cigarette?" Sally asks and I jump before whirling around.

"Yeah but never mind that, Lily is really weird." I tell her and she smiles.

"I told you." She takes the joint from me and walks further into the kitchen. "You'll get used to her."

"I'm not talking to her again, She's rude ." I tell her.

"I've known Lily for almost ten years and never once has she been rude unless you provoke her. So what'd you do?" She asks and I scoff.

"Whatever, I'm going upstairs. Call me when Jim is home." I tell her as I walk down the hall.

Well this summer is going great so far.