Chapter 50

"I don't know, maybe" I said biting the inside of my cheek.

The room fell silent and I was embarrassed, I never thought I would be the marrying type but what if we do get married? Then I would be sure he means these things. I want to be with him forever, what if he doesn't want that?

"You know what..never mind, that was- that was just stupid" I said standing up

"Rachel, do you want to get married?" He asked

"Do you?" I asked. He took a long sigh and signaled to sit down, so, I did as told.

"Look, I'm not the person to get married. Its not that I don't want to marry you it's just that I'm not the marrying type, Its too complicated and it creates more problems" he said "but I have to know if you want to"

"No, I uh...Don't" I lied

"You sure?" He asked

"Yeah" I sighed. I stood up and walked to the bed, sitting on the edge and taking my shoes off.

I was upset. Yeah..I saw it coming, I didn't expect him to be the marrying type either, I mean, I don't think he'll ever be. I was embarrassed to even ask that.

I heard Jon walk in and sit next to me, wrapping an arm around me.

"If I ever do want to get married, you'll know" he smiled, kissing my cheek.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. So I just nodded. I felt relieved when my phone rang, I quickly stood up and picked it up from the couch.

"Hello?" I asked

"Rachel right? It's hunter, can you spare me thirty- about forty minutes?" He asked

"Um, yeah, now?" I asked

"Whenever you get to the arena" he answered

"Okay, is this a meeting?" I asked

"Mhm and it's very important" he said

"Alright" I said hanging up and walking to put my shoes back on.

"Where ya going?" He asked

"Hunter; meeting; very important" I answered, standing up to face him.

"You're not mad at me right?" He asked, caressing my cheek.

"No" I said removing his hand "I gotta go, can't be late"

I smiled and walked out. Brie gave me a ride to the arena. I thanked her and walked in and into Hunter and Stephanie's office.

"hunter here?" I asked

"No, but I can just tell you the news instead of him" she smiled

"Um, OK, what is it?" I asked sitting down in a chair.

"Well, you being champ and all can be overwhelming right?" She asked

"It depends, you're not gonna try to take it away right?" I asked

"No, we are going to do that either way" she said "but, don't you want a partner?"

"No" i replied

"Oh well, starting next Monday, you will have a new partner" she said

"Who is it?" I asked, she grinned and walked out of her room. It took her a minute to get back but when she did, i was a little surprised.

"You know Aj right?" She asked as Aj Lee walked in. I thought they didn't like her.

"Uh, yeah, hey" I said holding out my hand

"Hello!" She said, gladly shaking my hand.

"You two will be partners from now on" Stephanie said sitting back at her desk. "Any questions?"

We both stood silent, telling her that we didn't have any.

"Alright, have a nice afternoon, ladies" she said. We walked out and stood in front of her door.

"I'm starving, wanna go get something to eat?" She asked

"Oh, um, sure I guess I could go for some food" I said, she smiled and we walked to her car.

-----------

"So, Aj-"

"April, just call me April" she said

"OK..April, I thought you retired" I said, unwrapping my straw

"Yeah, I did" she frowned "But, I guess I just wasn't finished just yet. And what way to do that by being partners with the second best diva in the divas division"

I chuckled at her comment.

"And who would be the first?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee.

"Me, duh" she chuckled. I raised my eyebrows and set my coffee mug down. I don't know about her yet, she seems and looks nice but- I don't know maybe it's all in my head.

"Alrighty then" I said changing the subject "You're not gonna be like any of those fakers who pretend to be my friend right? Cause this," I pointed to both of us, "We can just be in-ring friends"

"If that's what you want, but I was hoping we could be- you know- real friends" she said

"We can, I was just making sure" I said as the food finally came.

"So" she said, cutting up her pancakes "I cannot wait for this story line to start"

"Yeah" I lied, I kinda wanna be a loner, since I have the title. I don't wanna be known as the diva who used April to keep my title.

it was silent, which I didn't mind. After a couple of minutes of eating, Me and April finally started to talk and get to know each other better.

She's pretty cool, and told me a lot of funny stories as I did the same.

"Dammit" she mumbled under her breath, looking at her phone

"What?" I asked

"Gotta go, I forgot how busy I used to be" she chuckled

"Yeah, get used to it. Especially since you'll be making your surprise return and all" I said, she nodded in agreement and left.

I finished my food and left myself.

---------------------------

Hey, hope you like this chapter. I know it's not long but, the next update will be soon, promise, bye!!<3