Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels

Mia

I was honestly surprised to see how neat and tidy his room was, if it weren’t for his messy un-done bed, I would have though that room service had already cleaned the entire place. ‘So, you haven’t been in your room much, have you?’ I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

‘What makes you say that, love?’ he asked as he strutted towards the small bar in the corner of his room.

‘Well, your room is really orderly, especially considering that you are a guy…’ I trailed off.

He let out a raspy chuckle, which for some reason felt like music to my ears. ‘I happen to be awfully particular about things,’ he replied in his all so sweet British accent, making me giggle slightly at his choice of words.

Alexander

‘So would you like something to eat?’ I asked walking towards a small kitchen that was attached to my suit once she had called security and informed them of her situation. I couldn't help but feel a bit angry and possessive. I am her mate, it should be my job to protect her and the fact that she had to call security irritated me. If it were up to me, I would go and beat the senses out of the paps for bothering my mate. ‘Um… no thanks, I just ate and I am full,’ my beautiful mate replied.

‘Please love, that was hardly anything. You barely nibbled your food, surely that it not enough for you,’ I spoke. Why was my mate being so difficult about something as basic as eating? She may not have eaten as much as me considering I am a wolf –and an Alpha that to, but even for a human she was eating very little.

‘I really am not hungry,’ she stated casually, seating herself on the kitchen counter.

‘Love, that is not vey healthy,’ I told her, my worried wolf pacing in the back of my mind. ‘Alexander! I am a model, I have to follow a strict but healthy diet,’ she shot back at me, clearly uncomfortable with the topic.

And just like earlier during breakfast I sensed the lie that practically radiated off her body. My mate had to learn to stop lying to me -especially about things concerning her delicate human health and eating habits.

‘How many times do I have to remind you not to lie to me,’ I spat, a growl escaping my lips as my wolf howled loudly in my mind, itching to come to the surface.

She is human. She doesn’t understand. She doesn’t know I am a possessive Alpha, she doesn’t know what can happen. I had to chant in my head.

‘Alexander? Are you all right?’ her sweet honey glazed voice asked and a soft hand made contact with my arm, instantly sending sparks around my body.

Mia gasped and withdrew her hand. This could only mean one thing –she felt it too! Yes! The mating bond was working, my wolf howled in joy. This was a very good sign, especially since half of the human mates never feel the bond.

‘I am fine,’ I answered her question, gazing towards her deep coco brown eyes that never fail to drown me in their beauty. ‘You know you are absolutely beautiful, Mia,’ I whispered softly.

She looked up to meet my gaze, utterly bewildered. And that’s when it hit me -my mate doesn’t realize just how gorgeous she is. ‘But I haven’t done my makeup properly… and I didn’t even bother to do my hair this morning…’ she trailed off, her bafflement still visible.

‘It doesn’t matter because you don’t need makeup to look beautiful.’

She blushed, her cheeks becoming a deep rose red and it was in that moment that I realized that I was truly, madly, unconditionally in love with Mia Howard. ‘Is the all-so-famous Mia Howard blushing?’ I teased, raising an eyebrow jokingly.

‘Pft! No, you’re blushing,’ she cutely replied, clearly embarrassed as she looked down in hope to cover her blush.

‘Really Mia?’

‘Okay fine, maybe a little bit…’

‘A little bit?’

‘Okay, I am blushing! A lot! There, are you happy?’ she giggled so cutely.

As if on cue, the phone began to ring and killed the moment. Mia rushed over and answered it; she began talking to whoever was on the other end as I began to think about what is going to happen next.

Call me obsessed, maybe even a stalker but I knew her flight details, I must know where my mate is at every particular hour. I had managed to hack into her manager’s email and got a copy of Mia’s schedule. The Moon Goddess has blessed me because it turns out that Mia is busy for the next two weeks on a very important photo shoot…. in London, not far away from my home, so I guess I will be seeing her a lot.

‘So that was the reception,’ Mia spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts, ‘apparently security has cleared my floor and I have to go pack.’

‘Oh so you are leaving today then?’ I asked, pretending that was new information to me.

‘Um yeah… I have a photo shoot in London…’ she said, surprising me with her sudden honesty. Maybe mate has finally learned not to lie to us, my wolf spoke up.

‘Oh, that’s interesting,’ I said, not knowing what else to say.

I watched as my beautiful mate made her way to the door, he hips sways so sassily and I summoned the courage to say, ‘Mia, I know we have not met under the best circumstances, but if you have not already guessed, I am from England, so perhaps when you are in London we could meet?’ I could not believe that I just said that. I sounded like a twelve year old school boy for Gods sake! But then again, she is our mate and just the thought of her rejecting me made my heart break. 

‘I would love that,’ she finally replied, a smile erupting on my lips and relief washed through me. ‘Great, just leave me your number.’

She came back and I passed her my phone, she skillfully typed her number, with her hands flying over the small screen.

‘There you go,’ she said handing me my phone back and giving me a small smile before making her way to the door once again.

‘Oh and Mia, one more thing!’ I called out. ‘Yes?’

‘Please eat something, this is really not healthy what you’re doing to yourself.’

She looked at me, with hurt and sorrow in her eyes, knowing exactly what I meant, clearing she had been keeping it a secret too long, and nodded.

I really was going to miss her. I long to just go up and kiss her, assure her that I would meet her soon and tell her those three words that would express how I felt. But she was human and it would be too soon. So I decided to replace those three words till the time was right and said-

‘Take care now.’